News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

Cant view recently uploaded images!

Started by n9ne, January 16, 2006, 08:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n9ne

First up im using Plesk..

This probleml started last night when i uploaded a .jpg file to a folder in the root of my website
http://21stcenturydoctorwho.com/misc/jack_1.jpg - i cant view that image in my browser

but an image i uploaded a few nights ago i can view fine in the browser
http://21stcenturydoctorwho.com/misc/travis_gangsta.jpg

does anyone have any idea whats going on? I've even cleared my temp files and refreshed the browser several times

sixthcrusifix

I can't tell if the file is really there, you have indexing off so I can't see the direcotroy contents. hmm

my site's images appear just fine. Most likely your image file is currupt or you have tried to rename the image or edit it using fopen() and deleted all of it's actuall contents.
Visite me website at http://www.sixthcrusifix.com

n9ne

hmmm no the images are definately not corrupt, i've tried saving different versions of them and i can even view the images in the built in ftp in plesk just not in internet explorer with the direct links to the newly uploaded images

im really baffled with this one!

admin

Be sure you are uploading the images in BINARY format and that the filename is being uploaded in exactly the same case as you are calling it.

Remember, FILE.GIF, File.gif, file.gif, and File.GIF are four different files.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

n9ne

Quote from: admin on January 17, 2006, 01:11:51 AM
Be sure you are uploading the images in BINARY format and that the filename is being uploaded in exactly the same case as you are calling it.

Remember, FILE.GIF, File.gif, file.gif, and File.GIF are four different files.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

I've checked and double checked that im uploading the images in Binary format, and the file name is exactly the same as what it was on the desktop. I even tried removing any underscores from the image so jack_1.jpg became jack.jpg and it still doesnt seem to work

admin

Your domain name is not pointed to the proper IP address.  It is resolving to old Plesk server.

Please update your DNS entries to point to 68.178.168.59

Otherwise, you will need to upload the files to the old server.  (You are most likely uploading them via plesk.lvcs.net which is the new server.  The files can be viewed via the Plesk file manager because you are viewing the correct server.  Your domain is not pointed to the proper IP address and is not viewing the correct server)

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

n9ne

i've updated the DNS records. now my webpage has a Page cannot be displayed page, im guessing and hoping that this is normal whilst the dns records update? i'll check back in the morning

admin

You should be able to see your page once your ISP's or machine's DNS cache expires.  (The nameservers are already resolving your domain to the correct IP address)

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin