News:

LVCS.NET offers low cost domain registration services.

Main Menu

Help with a tables layout please!!!!!!

Started by Paris, April 26, 2006, 09:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paris

Okay, so I'm not doing the div/css/xhtml layout anymore cause that was driving me crazy, and now im coding my layout in tables.  And still.....I am having some problems I CANNOT solve.

The layout looks like a huuuuge disaster now that i add the boxes(td tags...and stuff) to it. I've tried alot of things to see if it will work, but nothing seems to be making it any better. If anyone could just help me and tell me what it is im doing oh so soooo so wrong that would be GREAT!

This is the (lousy) code:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Charmed-Designs Inc.</TITLE>
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</HEAD>
<BODY background-image:url (images/background.jpg); bgcolor="#ABABAB" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
<CENTER>
<TABLE id="Table_01" width="800" height="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<TR>
<TD colspan="5" background="images2/header.gif" width=800" height="207">
</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD colspan="5" background="images2/CDINCV5_02.gif" width="800" height="1">
</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD background="images2/l_bg.gif" width="90" height="647">
                </TD>
<TD background="images2/l_navi.gif" width="131" height="647">
                <td background="images2/l_nav.gif" width="128" height="46" background-repeat:no-repeat;>Welcome</td>
                <td bgcolor="#d9d9d9"background-repeat:y-repeat; width="128" height="46">
                 <a href="">Link</a></br>
                 <a href="">Link</a></br>
                 <a href="">Link</a></br>
                 <a href="">Link</a></br>
                 <a href="">Link</a></br>
                 <a href="">Link</a></br>
                 <a href="">Link</a></br>
                 <a href="">Link</a></br>
                 <a href="">Link</a>
                 </td>
                 <td background="images2/l_nav_bott.gif" width"130" height="48" background-repeat:no-repeat;></td>
                 </TR>
</TD>

<TD background="images2/content.gif" width="356" height="647">
                This is the content area. Content goes here. I would write Lorem Ipsum here but Im really not feeling like it at the moment. Maybe after I
                figure out all of the layout stuff first.
</TD>

<TD background="images2/r_navi.gif" width="130" height="647">
                <td background="images2/r_nav.gif" width="128" height="46" background-repeat:no-repeat;>Welcome</td>
                 <td bgcolor="#d9d9d9" background-repeat:y-repeat; width="128" height="46">
                 <a href="">Link</a></br>
                 <a href="">Link</a></br>
                 <a href="">Link</a></br>
                 <a href="">Link</a></br>
                 <a href="">Link</a></br>
                 <a href="">Link</a></br>
                 <a href="">Link</a></br>
                 <a href="">Link</a></br>
                 <a href="">Link</a>
                </td>
                 <td background="images2/r_nav_bott.gif" width="129" height="46" background-repeat:no-repeat;></td>
               </TR>
                </TD>

<TD background="images2/r_bg.gif" width="93" height="647">
</TD>

</TR>

<TR>

<TD colspan="5" background="images2/footer.gif" width="800" height="45">
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
</CENTER>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Okay, now what im trying to get is:

NOTE: Obviously the affiliates bar and content box is not coded in as of yet, thats because I didnt want to make it anymore confusing for whoever is helping me then this stuff already is, im sure ill figure out how to add those later though.

Thank you for your help, Paris.

sixthcrusifix

you're problem (in my opinion) is that that picture is ofe a 3 table layour anfd you only have 1 table.

you need to make a left justified table for the firct collumn, a center justified table for teh big middle column and a right justified table for the last column and you need to assign their widths (I'm going to say 20%-60%-20%) and use table rows for the stuff in each table.

I dunno if I explained that right but if you give me a little while I will write it out for you I'm just kinda busy right this second.
Visite me website at http://www.sixthcrusifix.com

hypnoticvibe

I'm feeling generous. I have finals tomorrow and I'll be sleeping after that but soon I'll just write your layout for you. I'm forgetful so Email me at hypnoticvibe (at) gmail (dot) com