I have a lot of questions concerning the plesk server. I hope you guys can help me! :)
1-Plesk vs Freepgs - Which one is best?
2-With Plesk, can you still use MySQL from a remote location (do they have an address like mysql5.freepgs.com)?
3-Do you still have access to PHPMyAdmin?
4-Can you still manage your account from freepgs.com or do you have to go elsewhere?
5-Will the plan I have with freepgs.com be the one I'd have on the plesk server?
Thank You! :)
1. Plesk has better performance, but FreePgs uses newer versions of PHP/MySQL.
2. This can be done with Plesk, however, the default is to only allow access from localhost when creating databases.
3. Yes, phpMyAdmin is still available.
4. Management of your account must be done through the Plesk interface itself, not via the Options panel.
5. Yes, you would have the same plan on either system.
Thank you for your reply! I still have some questions now though :P
-What will happen to my freepgs account once transferred on Plesk?
-What version of PHP and MySQL does plesk have and what are the plans concerning their upgrades (in the near future?)
-Is the plesk server managed by the Freepgs team or LVCS?
Thank You! :)
1) Your FreePgs account will still exist on the system but will be marked as cancelled. (You can return to the FreePgs system at any time)
2) The Plesk system runs PHP 4.3.11 and MySQL 3.23.x
3) The server is managed by FreePgs (you can ask support questions here on the Forum). Toll free support will not be able to help you with accounts on the Plesk server.
Thank you for your replies. :D
Is there a reason why PHP and MySQL are so old? And will they be upgraded anytime soon?
Thank you again! :)
The older versions have to do with Plesk. Before Plesk 8, the control panel did not properly support newer versions of PHP and MySQL.