News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

ASP

Started by ghost, November 29, 2005, 05:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghost

With the ASP Chat, it runs on a different server than the freepgs users do? (windows based or something..) 

Anyways.. was wondering if it was possible (for those who want it) to pay abit to get a small amount of space to run one of those chats for there site, sort of like an add-on?

--Thanks,
Ghost.
- Ghost -

Ben

I believe it's a windows server, but I'm not sure. I believe ASP only runs on Windows, but there's probably a way to make it run on any OS. [looking it up, I believe I found a way to run ASP on Linux systems.]

I can't say if it's possible or not to get space on the other server, but most likely not. An admin would probably know more than me.
--Ben
Ben@freepgs.com

admin

ASP applications were able to run via Linux with Chilisoft, however that is no longer available.

ASP.NET framework is available via mod_mono, but this does not mean you can run ASP scripts on a Linux server.

(Many ASP scripts do not work correctly running anything but IIS [even when running Windows])

We *may* offer space on the Windows server in the future.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

ghost

Ok cool, thats all I needed to know.

:)

--Thanks,
Ghost.
- Ghost -

chrisharrod

A bit of a bump but better than making a new topic, has there been anything further on this? I'm redisigning my site to run on ASP for a bit of uni work but would like to use it in that form anyway. Do you have a Win server yet, or any way to run ASP code on a Linux base?