News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

mySQL / php Help

Started by planetmind, February 14, 2006, 06:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

planetmind

Hi..
I'm trying to install board program, but during the installation process, I got "Table Creation Failed." I'm not really sure what's going on.
I already created DB. I think it should be working, though. I'm not really familiar with php/mySQL. Can anybody help me install this thing?
You can browse to www.freepgs.com/soowoo/bbs-en/install.php.
Much appreciated.

sixthcrusifix

Quote from: planetmind on February 14, 2006, 06:09:09 AM
Hi..
I'm trying to install board program, but during the installation process, I got "Table Creation Failed." I'm not really sure what's going on.
I already created DB. I think it should be working, though. I'm not really familiar with php/mySQL. Can anybody help me install this thing?
Much appreciated.

well for some reason or aother it wasn't able to make teh table it wanted to. this could have been caused by a bad password somewhere along teh line or perhaps you input teh wrong table name. Which board system are you installing?
Visite me website at http://www.sixthcrusifix.com

planetmind

I don't think it's an internal script error, becuase I have APM installed with php/SQL on my computer and tested this program on mine and worked just fine. The board system is from Korea. I don't think any body uses in US, though.. Please help...

webzone (archived)

QuotePlease help...

You didn't provide much information to help us find your problem. There are many reasons why the creation of a table could fail. Make sure that you type your database username/password exactly as it is listed in your control panel (click here). All data is case-sensitive.

lotsofish

Quote from: planetmind on February 14, 2006, 06:09:09 AM
Hi..
Much appreciated.

Did you set the permissions like the link you posted instructs you to do? It says that you should set permissions of the directory you installed zeroboard to 707. It's probably 755 if just upload it and you don't change it in the file manager.

admin

Be sure you didn't already start creating the tables (running the installation process).  If so, please DROP all existing tables and start again.

Be sure you have actually created a MySQL database via the Options panel.  You MUST create a database before you can enter a database name in your application.   Be sure you are entering the database name, username, and password EXACTLY as you have created it.

If using the "zerotest" database you created, be sure to use the username associated with that database.  This is not the same as your account username.  You can confirm the information you entered via "Options Panel" -> "Manage Databases" -> "View/Manage Databases" and click the link to view database passwords.

It could also be that your board uses a reserved MySQL keyword for a table name or is not compatible with PHP5.

As the other posters mentioned, please provide the SPECIFIC error you are receiving.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

webzone (archived)

QuoteDid you set the permissions like the link you posted instructs you to do? It says that you should set permissions of the directory you installed zeroboard to 707. It's probably 755 if just upload it and you don't change it in the file manager.

It is not necessary to make this change on the FreePgs system AFAIK, but it is required for many hosts and on Plesk.

Why? Because on the FreePgs system, the first number of the permission also applies to the HTTP server. On Plesk, however, the third number applies. The instruction is probably there only because a majority of hosts work like Plesk (though I'm not sure).

lotsofish

Quote from: webzone on February 15, 2006, 10:04:21 PM
QuoteDid you set the permissions like the link you posted instructs you to do? It says that you should set permissions of the directory you installed zeroboard to 707. It's probably 755 if just upload it and you don't change it in the file manager.

It is not necessary to make this change on the FreePgs system AFAIK, but it is required for many hosts and on Plesk.

Why? Because on the FreePgs system, the first number of the permission also applies to the HTTP server. On Plesk, however, the third number applies. The instruction is probably there only because a majority of hosts work like Plesk (though I'm not sure).

Ah, interesting.  Yes, on most hosts, the third number applies to the HTTP server.

planetmind

Thank you... Everyone...
I briefly study SQL and... figured out there was grammer error on "create table." I don't know why it worked on my computer with APM installed...  ??? Thank you for your help..