News:

The "Support Requests" forum is now viewable by guests.

Main Menu

Perl Trouble

Started by neondaylight, January 19, 2006, 12:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neondaylight

Hi everyone,

I've just uploaded Greymatter (blog software) according to the instructions, and gone to the login page at www.neondaylight.co.uk/cgi-bin/gm.cgi, where you're supposed to be asked for username/password.

As you can see instead of the login page I'm getting the source code back, I don't know much about this but it doesn't look like the script is running. Have I uploaded to the right page? The manual says "start your FTP program and just look at your account's main folder. What is that folder called? [Write that down; if you can't see, try to go "up" a folder and see if you can see that.] Do you see a folder named /cgi-bin/? If so, find that, and make a note of where it is in relation to the main folder of your site. That will help you later on in the installation process."

I couldn't find any folder called cgi-bin, so I created one and uploaded the CGI files into it, in ASCII mode. Then I CHMOD-ded the files as it told me, although for some of them it told me to chmod to 666, (from what I read this one's for allowing read/write access for everyone, so people can comment on entries) but the only options available are 644, 755 and 777. I set these at 644. (Read/write access for me but read only for everyone else?)

Perl's set to Direct/CGI, I can't think what else to try.

Can anyone help me? :(

x

only thing i can think of is that perl is not switched on. login to freegps and switch it on from the control pannel.

i dont do perl, so it might not be that lol.

neondaylight

Yeah, turning things on tends to help. I'm an idiot. :D

It's working, but is there any way to chmod those files to 666?

admin

You can chmod files via your FTP application, the Online File Manager, or the Online FTP File Manager

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

neondaylight

I know that, but the only options I'm getting are 644, 755 and 777. I need to use 666. Sorry for being thick but I can't figure out how to change it with my FTP program.

admin

Again, you can chmod to any value using the "Online FTP File Manager" or an FTP application.

Only the "Online File Manager" will restrict you to those specific values.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

neondaylight

Ahh I've got it. Thanks for your help. :)

admin

I have now added "666" to the list for files within the "Online File Manager"

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin