News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

FTP at PLESK/LVCS down?

Started by megawatt, January 12, 2006, 01:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

megawatt

Is FTP at PLESK/LVCS down? I have not been able to FTP to my account for almost 24 hours now.

webzone (archived)

Looks like it's down indeed. Not surprising considering that Plesk isn't the most stable thing in the world.

GP™

We have rebooted the server and the FTP issue has been resolved, I'm sorry about the short downtime with HTTP and FTP services!

webzone (archived)

I can't keep myself from asking why you are sorry about a bug in a software you didn't build :P

Plesk isn't the most stable server solution and you can't be blamed for that ;)

GP™

I'm not sorry about plesk ;)... I'm sorry about the downtime, it stinks having to wait on one of us old farts
to reboot the server so you can work on your site... LOL...

The best way to solve this is to move to our freepgs.com server, I haven't had to reboot that server
yet... plus our software is easy, fun, and well, secure and not so buggie ;)

megawatt

admin

We have a secondary Plesk server running.

We may use the Plesk migration tools to move everyone's sites over to the new machine.  This will change the IP address of your site.

If your domain is hosted on our nameservers, you will not need to make any changes.

If you have pointed to our IP via DNS records, you will need to update the IP address.

This is for PLESK accounts ONLY, no other user needs to modify their DNS settings

New Plesk IP: 68.178.168.59

Until the second machine is renamed, you will need to access it via https://plesk2.lvcs.net:8443/
(Because the name does not match the certificate, you will need to click ok on any security warnings)

Sites will not be moved until tonight.  Both servers will still be available for a period of time just in case you have updated databases on the old server, etc.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

Osprey

Quote from: gordon on January 12, 2006, 02:06:18 AM
The best way to solve this is to move to our freepgs.com server, I haven't had to reboot that server
yet... plus our software is easy, fun, and well, secure and not so buggie ;)

Agree about the software. Myself i was thinking about moving back despite not having email inboxes which i have grown to like but the freepgs server seems to be having problems too atm... (have one of my 3 sites there)

Edit: Updated my DNS records to new IP.

niekverw

i've set plsk1.lvcs.net and plsk2.lvcs.net as my dns hostname, how can i update the ip?, there isnt an option to change the ip..

webzone (archived)

Quote from: niekverwi've set plsk1.lvcs.net and plsk2.lvcs.net as my dns hostname, how can i update the ip?, there isnt an option to change the ip..

I see that you have pointed your domains to the appropriate nameservers (plsk1.lvcs.net, plsk2.lvcs.net), so, as the admin said above, you do not need to update the IP address (A records). In fact, you do not need to make any changes.

Quote from: adminIf your domain is hosted on our nameservers, you will not need to make any changes.