News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

phpBB forum does not work, please help !

Started by Airaelda, January 06, 2006, 11:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airaelda

Hi everyone !
my phpBB forum hasn't been working for days. I am not so familiar with php and mysql stuffs, so I don't really know what is going on, but a friend of mine told me the problem was coming from my host... so maybe anyone here could help me with the issue ?
here is the url : http://www.freepgs.com/airaelda/phpBB2

thanks anyway for your time :)

brainiac744

That's a mysql error saying that at least one of your database tables doesn't exist. Have you recently tried installing a mod or something?

Airaelda

I just installed my forum, and it was working perfectly. But the update did not apply, so my friend (the same than last message :) ) tried to apply it. Do you think he did something wrong with the database ?  :-\

brainiac744

The update could have corrupted the installation. Were there important posts and such on there? If so you could try to manually recreate the table it's complaining about. Otherwise it might be easier to just reinstall.

Airaelda

I tried to reinstall already, but it did not change anything.
My friend told me he was unable to apply the update, because some error occured... maybe that is what corrupted the installation (whatever that means lol).
I will try recreate the table, but how do I do that ?  ???

brainiac744

When you reinstalled, did you drop the database that you already had? If not, you should do that before you reinstall.

Airaelda

oh ! ok, I didn't know that ! I will drop the database and reinstall
(sorry, I am really dumb with mysql stuffs... ::))

Thank you for your help :)

brainiac744