Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

Down Again??

Started by garyr_h, December 09, 2005, 09:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyr_h

User accounts are down again? :|

webzone (archived)

There is a discussion going on about this in the "General Discussion" area. You may want to take a look at it.

Ren

This seems to happen alot here. I will say it has gotten a little better since freepgs had the fire. I assume that is because they got some bugs workout of it, but I don't know. I know that it will be back up, but it sucks waiting on it. I have work to do on my site also. I know thqat there isn't anything anybody can do but wait. I was wondering why this happens though. I know that the mods here have no idea, but maybe an admin can answer it later. I figure it has to do with the or the servers connection to the internet, but if someone can answer it, I am really curious to why this is.

Thanks,
Ren

sixthcrusifix

Quote from: Ren on December 09, 2005, 10:31:41 PM
This seems to happen alot here. I will say it has gotten a little better since freepgs had the fire. I assume that is because they got some bugs workout of it, but I don't know. I know that it will be back up, but it sucks waiting on it. I have work to do on my site also. I know thqat there isn't anything anybody can do but wait. I was wondering why this happens though. I know that the mods here have no idea, but maybe an admin can answer it later. I figure it has to do with the or the servers connection to the internet, but if someone can answer it, I am really curious to why this is.

Thanks,
Ren

Well for a one time fee (a nd a SMALL fee at that) I can handle having random crashes without too many complaints.

But what sucks is that my Catchall Email forwarder doesn't work when system.freepgs.com is down! :(
Visite me website at http://www.sixthcrusifix.com

webzone (archived)

QuoteI can handle having random crashes without too many complaints

This is the first major downtime experienced on the new FreePgs system since it went live on November 9th.

sixthcrusifix

Quote from: webzone on December 09, 2005, 11:12:00 PM
QuoteI can handle having random crashes without too many complaints

This is the first major downtime experienced on the new FreePgs system since it went live on November 9th.

I've been a freepgs user for over a year now, since I joined freepgs.com there have been 4 major crashes and 2 times EVERYTHING has been deleted. (one "crash" being the fire). I was talking about freepgs in general, not just the new.

webzone (archived)

I know. I just wanted to highlight the fact that the situation gets better.

sixthcrusifix

Quote from: webzone on December 10, 2005, 12:24:51 AM
I know. I just wanted to highlight the fact that the situation gets better.

Speaking of bitch, something must have changed because my catchall Email is working again . .. but system.freepgs.com is still down. I wish admin were here, he always knows.

hmm. maybe not... it just took like 5 hours for me to get an email I sent to my catchall . ... hmm... I duno I hope it's not usually that slow.

admin

Your email should still be functioning as it is hosted remotely.  Be sure your domain is pointed to ALL THREE nameservers.

As for the server, it is not down.  The datacenter has simply unplugged the machine due to it causing performance problems on their network.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

dragonkeeper1973

so what is the E.T.A. of when things will be plugged back in? I have been trying to debug my site but I don't have very many big windows of time to do this any more.

sixthcrusifix

Quote from: admin on December 10, 2005, 03:49:33 AM
Your email should still be functioning as it is hosted remotely.  Be sure your domain is pointed to ALL THREE nameservers.

As for the server, it is not down.  The datacenter has simply unplugged the machine due to it causing performance problems on their network.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

Ah yes I found that I am getting emails.
Unfortunately it's taking me 4 hours from sending time to getting time. Ouch, I dunno why it takes that longl, the other week it only took me 15 minutes tops to get an email. hm . . .

I hope we get freepgs back up, it's been about 18 hours now! Save the fire incident this is the longest downtime we've had for a long time.