News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

Webmail is not available?

Started by saintlei, November 27, 2005, 06:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saintlei

When I am in plesk system, I can't find where I can login webmail ???

admin

If your domain is hosted on the Plesk system, you will use http://webmail.<yourdomain.com> to access your webmail account.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

saintlei

admin

Is your domain pointed to our nameservers?

If not, you will need to add a record for "webmail.yourdomain.com." that points to 216.69.169.20
You will also need MX records setup to point to our system for mail to be received.

Without telling us your domain name, it is hard to provide specific instructions.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

saintlei

Quote from: admin on November 27, 2005, 08:55:37 PM
Is your domain pointed to our nameservers?

If not, you will need to add a record for "webmail.yourdomain.com." that points to 216.69.169.20
You will also need MX records setup to point to our system for mail to be received.

Without telling us your domain name, it is hard to provide specific instructions.
No, I use A records to point to 216.69.169.20
I have added MX records and pointed to 216.69.169.20
BTW, my domain is chinasaint.org

admin

MX records cannot point to an IP address, but to a name.

If you did not add an A or CNAME record for "webmail.yourdomain.com" you will not be able to access the webmail

You will need to create a DNS record for:

webmail IN A 216.69.169.20

Once created, you will be able to access the Plesk webmail for your domain.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

saintlei

Quote from: admin on November 29, 2005, 04:27:56 AM
MX records cannot point to an IP address, but to a name.

If you did not add an A or CNAME record for "webmail.yourdomain.com" you will not be able to access the webmail

You will need to create a DNS record for:

webmail IN A 216.69.169.20

Once created, you will be able to access the Plesk webmail for your domain.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin
Should I modify MX records to chinasaint.org instead of IP?
I will add an A or CNAME record for chinasaint.org, after doing this, shall I remove  MX records?

Thank you :)

webzone (archived)

Quoteshall I remove  MX records?

If you want to receive mail at your domain, you need MX records. You could try to point them to mail.<yourdomain.com>
As the admin said, you also need to add an A record for the webmail subdomain.

Or, you could simply point your domain to the Plesk nameservers (NS) at plsk1.lvcs.net and plsk2.lvcs.net. This way, you would not have to set A and MX records for your domain, as Plesk would do it by itself.

admin

If you do not wish to point to our nameservers, you will need to have all the records setup correctly.

@ IN A 216.69.169.20
@ IN MX 10 mail
mail IN A 216.69.169.20
webmail IN CNAME @
www IN CNAME @

-which is the same as writing-

chinasaint.org. IN A 216.69.169.20
chinasaint.org. IN MX 10 mail.chinasaint.org.
mail.chinasaint.org. IN A 216.69.169.20
webmail.chinasaint.org. IN CNAME chinasaint.org.
www.chinasaint.org. IN CNAME chinasaint.org.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

saintlei

Thanks for the details. I did what u told me :)

now I have a question, what's the difference between mail.chinasaint.org and webmail.chinasaint.org
I can access http://webmail.chinasaint.org, it's Horde.
but http://mail.chinasaint.org is Pleskā„¢ default page

and what is CNAME?

thank you

admin

mail.chinasaint.org is just where the MX resolves to.  This would be the mail server you would use if you would like to check this email account via Outlook Express (or your favorite email program)

webmail.chinasaint.org is the address you would use to access the web-based mail application.

CNAME = Alias
A = Address (or host) record

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

saintlei

Now, my mail works well, thanks for teaching me the hosting knowledge ;D

sean

How do we reigsiter email accounts?  I found that i have a webmail attached to my domain but I don't even know where to begin making accounts.

Thanks,

admin

If your domain is registered via LVCS.NET and pointed to our nameservers, you can create the mail accounts on the LVCS.NET website.

If your domain is not registered via LVCS.NET, you will not be able to use the webmail provided by that service unless you purchase mail accounts from LVCS.NET.  You can also request to have the mail moved to the Plesk machine or we can setup a catchall alias for your domain (that directs mail to another email address)

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin