News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

Small connection problem.

Started by ghost, November 10, 2005, 07:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghost

My site was working fine until today, and it still connects in ftp and on plesk, but when I goto the url (www.gnome-hovel.com) I get an error screen saying "Could not locate remote server".

Just wondering what I should do?
- Ghost -

admin

Be sure your domain is pointed to the proper nameservers for Plesk-based accounts:

PLSK1.LVCS.NET
PLSK2.LVCS.NET

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

ghost

- Ghost -

webzone (archived)

you must do this at the level of the company where you purchased your domain name

visit their website. usually there is some kind of customer area where you can change your domain settings

ghost

I bought my domain through freepgs/lvcs, and on their page it says

'You will need to modify the nameservers for your domain to point to PLSK1.LVCS.NET, PLSK2.LVCS.NET
You must log into Plesk at https://plesk.lvcs.net:8443/ to setup your site and email accounts.'

(Same as what freepgs is telling me) But I cannot find where or how to do this within plesk.
- Ghost -

webzone (archived)

plesk is the tool used to manage your hosting features (mail, subdomains, files, logs...). it is unlikely that you will find what  you are looking for there.

you should try this (from lvcs.net support page) :

To change the name servers for your domain

Step 1: Log in to the LVCS.NET Account Manager.
Step 2: Select Manage Domains from the Domain Names dropdown menu or the Manage Your Account list.
Step 3: Select the domain name you wish to modify using the checkboxes and then click Set Name Servers.
Step 4: Enter your updated name server information in the spaces provided under the blue Name Servers heading on the right side of your page and click Save Changes at the bottom.

--

As the admin said, your nameservers should be plsk1.lvcs.net and plsk2.lvcs.net