News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

East and West Server will be decommissioned?

Started by markjay, December 11, 2016, 09:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markjay

It seems I am currently confused, it was first announced that west server will be decommissioned then now the east server will be also be decommissioned, I still have sites in both server.

Can anyone clarify this announcements? I mean the East server.

admin

All of the Plesk servers will eventually be shut down.  We will migrate you to one of the cPanel servers.  We have cPanel servers in all of the regions that we have Plesk servers.

We are trying to migrate away from the West server first, but during the renewals we have been announcing the availability of the new cPanel servers.  Some users are pointed to servers that are not the closest choice, so this would be a good time to check the best server for their needs.

All of our cPanel servers use the same DNS settings (cluster) and will use the WHMCS interface for billing and support.  We are able to provide better support and customers will enjoy the single point of entry when asking about their due dates and payments.

These servers are not being shut down in the very near future, but the more we migrate now, the easier it will be.  East is starting to have hardware problems and West is really old and outdated.  You will be able to have an account split between two servers as you do now.  You will manage them in a single place https://hosting.lvcs.net/ and you will point your domains to a single set of nameservers (CP1.LVCS.NET, CP2.LVCS.NET) after the migration.

If you wish to migrate, please contact plesk at lvcs dot net.