News:

The "Support Requests" forum is now viewable by guests.

Main Menu

Mail Function

Started by admin, February 11, 2014, 03:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

We are close to disabling the mail function globally since it seems there are many outdated/insecure scripts on these servers.  A few new ones are being exploited every day causing us to be blacklisted over and over again.  A few of these and everyone will have us blocked.

We have already started rate limiting messages on our EU server.  We will most likely need to carry that over to the other machines as well.

chrisharrod

Is removal of mail a permanent change?

I noticed my settings for unknown messages changed recently (EU) and I am currently unable to send to Hotmail/Outlook addresses. I'm guessing this is related to the recent spammer issues?

Is there any way to request email services again following this change or should I look at moving my mail to a different host?

admin

Quote from: chrisharrod on February 12, 2014, 08:54:15 AM
Is removal of mail a permanent change?

I noticed my settings for unknown messages changed recently (EU) and I am currently unable to send to Hotmail/Outlook addresses. I'm guessing this is related to the recent spammer issues?

Is there any way to request email services again following this change or should I look at moving my mail to a different host?

Your inability to send to hotmail users is probably a result of the spam outbreak.  No mail would work if the mail function was disabled.

Please create a support ticket or email plesk at lvcs dot net so we can check your account.

Also, it is best to create accounts that you wish to accept mail (even if those accounts are forwarded) vs. using the options to accept all mail.

Also, I do not see any queued mails for hotmail servers.  We did have to enable a few blacklists so messages could be blocked that way , or you may check to see if they are getting delivered to your spam folder.  (Hotmail could also be accepting the messages and silently dropping them.)