News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

Plesk4 Server (Hard Drive Failure)

Started by admin, April 30, 2013, 09:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

The Plesk4 server has become corrupt.  The hard drive has been replaced and we are in the process of reprovisioning the server.

The rebuilt server will be running a newer OS but the same hardware.

Once the server is rebuilt, we will have the ability to place the old hard drive in a USB enclosure in order to retrieve old files.  In doing so, we will also attempt to retrieve the old PSA (Plesk) database that contains expiration dates of clients on this server

sven

OK, so "stuff happens" and my site is down for now. I'll go with that.

However, is plesk4 also the nameserver for my domain? (Edit: Clicking though the tools from lvcs.net it looks as if name servers are plsk5 and plsk6 - those resolve) I'm asking, because it seems as if my domain is not resolving at all any more (and there's parts of it that point to computers other than freepgs, which are now apparently unreachable as well, it appears...)
--
"Everything is futile!"
    -- Marvin of Borg

admin

Quote from: sven on May 01, 2013, 12:40:02 AM
OK, so "stuff happens" and my site is down for now. I'll go with that.

However, is plesk4 also the nameserver for my domain? (Edit: Clicking though the tools from lvcs.net it looks as if name servers are plsk5 and plsk6 - those resolve) I'm asking, because it seems as if my domain is not resolving at all any more (and there's parts of it that point to computers other than freepgs, which are now apparently unreachable as well, it appears...)

Yes, the Plesk server itself acted as the nameservers.  If you used a secondary DNS service, the backup could be there, if not, we will need to restore the zone file from the old hard drive when it is plugged back into the system.  This should occur within the next 12-24 hours, but we are waiting on the provider to reattach the old drive, so I cannot give you an exact time.

sven

Gotcha, ok. Just making sure I'm not doing something dumb on my side here.

Take whatever time you need :-)
--
"Everything is futile!"
    -- Marvin of Borg

admin

Quote from: sven on May 01, 2013, 03:47:43 AM
Gotcha, ok. Just making sure I'm not doing something dumb on my side here.

Take whatever time you need :-)

I have restored your primary domain and the custom DNS record that was created.  If there are other missing domains, you can send an email to plesk at lvcs dot net, you can create the domains, and we can move the data over if possible.