News:

LVCS.NET offers low cost domain registration services.

Main Menu

Annual Fee POLL - Please vote.

Started by admin, August 31, 2011, 05:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Better performance will come from knocking some of the highest CPU and I/O users off the systems.  On each server, there are 1 or 2 users that consume 95% or more of the resources on a continued basis.  This is typically caused by inefficient scripts, poorly indexed tables, or poorly designed queries.

We went through Plesk5 and cleaned up some dormant sites that had turned into spammers havens (old forums and CMS scripts where comments and posts were continually posted with links - but no actual content existed for over a year).  This improved performance by a large margin.

We will most likely do the same for 4 and 6.

The Plesk4 server is quite a bit older than 5 and 6.  We are either going to remove it from service or bring up another server in that location to serve clients in those areas.

If you are located in the US, Canada, or anywhere in Europe, the Plesk 5 and 6 servers will provide much improved uptime and performance over Plesk 4.

Also, we have recently adjusted the statistics run time on the Plesk5 server to interfere less with those in the EU region.

pixie

I have a question...I went to the Plesk 5 page....it used to have a place to show when our next payment was due, but I can't find it now for the life of me...I sure don't want to miss a payment, whatever you all decide to do.  I not only have my site here, but I store some files that I don't have as part of the site, but just backed up.  This is a great service and I've been a satisfied customer for some time.

admin

pixie,
Since the upgrade of the Plesk5 server to Plesk 10.x, it dropped the expiration dates from the tables.  We will need to go through your payments to figure out what you are paid to and apply that to your subscriptions if that has not already been done for your domain.

Please email plesk at lvcs dot net to have this reviewed.

standardai

paying 10 dollars is reasonable. When it comes to paying more for domains this would suck for me because I buy domains out of the blue when I have an idea and then lose all interest in the project afterwards XD. I have 4 domains and they total 0.12mb of bandwidth a month currently. Like others have said if I were to hit it big with a domain I would be more than happy to donate a good deal of cash.

admin

Thank you for the input.

We would never charge per domain, but only the tier of the account (that would allow 6 domains, 12 domains, etc.)

Of course, you can add an unlimited number of domain aliases to an existing domain and that would not count toward your domain limit.

We would most likely go with traffic or disk space as a tiered method as that would be more reasonable (if we had to use the tiered method at all that is).

namhuy

i would go for $6, $10 is a bit high for me
http://namhuy.net Geeky Open Source Linux Tutorials

raymond

I am fine for both USD6 or USD10.
Please keep on this great hosting! thanks! ;D

sven

Another voice that thinks $3 was ridiculously cheap. By all means, make it $10/year - I would still consider that cheap.

The main benefit I get from Freepgs is the uncapped bandwidth: I host a bunch of (my own) electronic art to share with the world and I go for a year at a time with only mild interest in(/access to) my web pages - and then one of my things gets published somewhere prominent and suddenly I get tens of thousands of hits in a few weeks. And I really like that I don't have to worry about those moments in terms of hitting some kind of BW limit or such. I'm not aware of any other place that gives me this kind of flexibility.
--
"Everything is futile!"
    -- Marvin of Borg

reddawg

I too am more than happy paying the $10/year

I'm unsure how comfortable I am with pay-for-usage, to be honest. I use up anywhere from 2-3 GB a month in bandwidth and I'm unsure if I would be paying a lot for it. However, given that the service is so cheap, I am able and willing to pay three times as much.

bich0

The best option is paying for usage: number of domains, disk usage and traffic.
$10 / year is really too much for the usage I do in my case. Between $3 and $6, in my case would be better.
The traffic from my only one domain is really low, and the disk usage I'm using too, so if the fee is increasing too much, I will be quitting unfortunately :(

pixie

Quote from: admin on September 01, 2011, 05:18:07 PM
pixie,
Since the upgrade of the Plesk5 server to Plesk 10.x, it dropped the expiration dates from the tables.  We will need to go through your payments to figure out what you are paid to and apply that to your subscriptions if that has not already been done for your domain.

Please email plesk at lvcs dot net to have this reviewed.

Thanks, doing that now.

sinex

I hope service does not terminate, I rely on it!

juniordesign

i hope U$10.00 per year is enough to keep it great service.

and i would gladly pay 10 bucks / year.

leep

Hi, my usage on storage and bandwidth is low either. Currently, I can afford the maximum of USD 10 / year. Of course, if it is less than $10, it will be better.

Thank you for providing the low cost service for so many years.

Best regards,
Lee.

agoodstein

I would be more than happy to pay $10 a year. I hardly use my website. This would keep it affordable to me to continue to have hosting. If the price were to increase significantly, I would probably give up on my hardly used site.