News:

LVCS.NET offers low cost domain registration services.

Main Menu

Mail forwarding

Started by passtheword, May 09, 2010, 04:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passtheword

Does anyone know why the mail forwarding has not been functional since yesterday morning? I'm not receiving any mail that's supposed to be forwarded to my gmail acct. Sites are still working, and everything else seems to be up and running correctly.

admin

Please use the "Help Desk" link within the Plesk panel to request support if you still need assistance.

There was a problem with one of the relay servers two days ago that could have caused your problem.

The relay server is only used on Plesk3, Plesk4, and Plesk5 systems.  Plesk6 sends mail directly.

The Plesk3 and Plesk4 servers will be eliminated in the near future.

admin

You may have trouble for a little while again, since the network is now out that hosts one of the relay servers.

passtheword

Quote from: admin on May 11, 2010, 02:13:20 PM
You may have trouble for a little while again, since the network is now out that hosts one of the relay servers.

I'm on plesk7 here. I went ahead and sent a help ticket on my two accts regarding the forwarding.

Thanks  :)

admin

If your nameservers are plsk7/plsk8, you are on the Plesk5 server.

I will check the help tickets since the mail relay is down (right now), it would not inform me there was one.

admin

You should start receiving some of the forwarded mail now, I have temporarily setup a different delivery route on the Plesk5 machine.

bonehead

close the rest and use the newer secure servers?

admin

Yes, we will be turning off the old machines Plesk3 and Plesk4 in the very near future.

All accounts were migrated to Plesk6 from Plesk3.  We have not yet shut down the Plesk3 server, but we will by the end of the month to avoid additional charges.

Plesk4 has not yet been migrated, but hopefully there will be time this weekend or next.

sven

Quote from: admin on May 15, 2010, 12:14:37 AM
Yes, we will be turning off the old machines Plesk3 and Plesk4 in the very near future.

All accounts were migrated to Plesk6 from Plesk3.  We have not yet shut down the Plesk3 server, but we will by the end of the month to avoid additional charges.

Plesk4 has not yet been migrated, but hopefully there will be time this weekend or next.

I rarely come here to these forums, since most of the time you guys stuff "just works". So now I'm catching up with the last years worth of stuff and I find this message from May alerting me to the fact that plesk4 will go away "this weekend or next". Well, as far as I can tell, plesk4 is still there. Unless this is a different (new) machine that has the same name? Is there still some kind of migration planned? Is there anything I should do or watch out for (I'm on plesk4)?
--
"Everything is futile!"
    -- Marvin of Borg

admin

This message was regarding Plesk3, it was already shut down.  The Plesk4 server was planned for replacement, but that has never been done, only the Plesk3 server has been taken offline.