News:

The "Support Requests" forum is now viewable by guests.

Main Menu

email concerning disk space limit

Started by passtheword, May 31, 2008, 01:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passtheword

received the following message this morning via email:

Limit has been exceeded on domain 'passtheword.net' owned by client 'passtheword' (Contact name '07976: passtheword'):
Disk space usage: 50.65 M
Disk space limit: 50.00 M
Traffic: 75.62 M
Traffic limit: unlimited

I cannot be anywhere near having 50MB on my account, maybe 3 or 4 MB. I haven't even added files there in probably six months or more. Anyone else receiving this type of message? 

Pages: [1]   Go Up   Reply  |  Notify  |  Add poll  |  Send this topic  |  Print   

« previous next »
  Remove Topic  |  Lock topic   

admin

Most likely your log files are using the space.

Please use the "Help Desk" link within Plesk and we can investigate this for you.

(You can view your logs via the "Log Manager" link after clicking on your domain name.  The "Report" link will show you where your disk space is being used)

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

passtheword

Quote from: admin on May 31, 2008, 06:58:48 PM
Most likely your log files are using the space.

Please use the "Help Desk" link within Plesk and we can investigate this for you.

(You can view your logs via the "Log Manager" link after clicking on your domain name.  The "Report" link will show you where your disk space is being used)

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

When I go into the log manager, it shows only 100 KB of files.

admin

The disk space used by your Log Files and Statistical Reports is 4.8MB.

(The figure is not just your log files, but your log files and awstats statistics)

You can view these stats, by clicking the domain, clicking "Report", then clicking "Web Stats"

You can increase the limit to allow for this if you wish to continue to use this feature.  The account is allowed 300MB.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

passtheword

Quote from: admin on May 31, 2008, 08:31:25 PM
The disk space used by your Log Files and Statistical Reports is 4.8MB.

(The figure is not just your log files, but your log files and awstats statistics)

You can view these stats, by clicking the domain, clicking "Report", then clicking "Web Stats"

You can increase the limit to allow for this if you wish to continue to use this feature.  The account is allowed 300MB.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

Is there any way to delete these files and where would I need to go into plesk to do that?

admin

The largest of these files are in your mail accounts.  Remove the mail messages stored in those accounts to reduct this.

Of course, you only have the quota set to 50MB.  (Your account is allowed 300MB)

There is not a way to remove the 4MB for "statistical reports" without disabling the statistics report itself.

Remember, the usage display is only refreshed nightly.  Changes you make now (other than increasing the quota for the domain) will not be reflected until tomorrow morning.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

passtheword

Quote from: admin on May 31, 2008, 08:44:39 PM
The largest of these files are in your mail accounts.  Remove the mail messages stored in those accounts to reduct this.

Of course, you only have the quota set to 50MB.  (Your account is allowed 300MB)

There is not a way to remove the 4MB for "statistical reports" without disabling the statistics report itself.

Remember, the usage display is only refreshed nightly.  Changes you make now (other than increasing the quota for the domain) will not be reflected until tomorrow morning.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

Thank you. I deleted the email in those accounts and disabled the individual mailboxes. I'm down to 17 MB now.   ;D