FreePgs.com Forum
October 25, 2021, 05:50:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Click Here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month and 4.5 cents per minute

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Script can't write files.  (Read 3060 times)
Ren
Verified Account

Blog entries (0)

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2008, 12:44:20 AM »

I am having a problems with scripts being able to write files. I really don't' know how to explain it so here is what I am trying to do. I have a script for installing/upgrade skins for my site. When I run the script, it upgrades the skin sets but it isn't writing the skin files it needs to write.

I have an old computer I setup as a server so I can use it to learn php better. Anyway, I have Apache and php 5.2.5 installed on it. I set it all up on it and it writes the files for the skins, so I am assuming that I don't have something setup right for my domain in my plesk control panel or I need to send in a ticked and request something to be turned on.

I would be grateful for any help/advice anyone could give me.

Thanks,
Ren
brainiac744
Verified Account

Blog entries (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 08:00:57 AM »

You'll need to chmod the files that your PHP script needs to write to to a high enough level to allow it. If you're not sure what level they need to be set to, your best bet would probably be to come up with a list of files (or a directory) that PHP needs to write to, and send it in via the help desk in plesk.
FreePgs.com Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 08:00:57 AM »

Ren
Verified Account

Blog entries (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 01:02:19 PM »

Thanks for helping brainiac.

I figured it out. I had PHP in safe mode and it was stopping it from writing the new files i guess.

Ren
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: