News:

LVCS.NET offers low cost domain registration services.

Main Menu

Plesk domain setup.

Started by Ren, March 27, 2008, 02:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren

I migrated over from freepgs and just setup my domain. In my mail I got, it said that I could use username.plesk4.freepgs.com for a domain. I did that and it works fine. Here in the forum in the topic titled "* Plesk and Migration FAQ's *" it says to use yourusername.freepgs.com. Can I use either way?

My next question is, do I have to use my username? I didn't like using it at freepages because it has my full name in it, but by the time I realized that I could change it, I already had a few members on my site and I didn't want to confuse people by changing it. What I want to know is, can I substitute anything in for my username as long as long as it isn't already being used already?

Thanks,
Ren

markjay

If your in a hurry you will use username.plesk4.freepgs.com as a temporary url. If you really want your FreePgs url username.freepgs.com, you will need to add the domain in your account then request your FreePgs URL to be added via the Helpdesk inside plesk cp.

Ren

Ok I think I got it. I need to add a domain name. to my site unless I request to use my old freepgs url.

markjay

I mean you need to add your FreePgs url as your domain. Then request your FreePgs URL (username.freepgs.com) to be added via the Helpdesk inside plesk cp