News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

Proxy support?

Started by spanspace, August 08, 2007, 12:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spanspace

I was running a self use password protected phpproxy and the last week or better it isnt working. Is something blocked?

/fpgs/fpgshttpd/*mylogin*/*folder*/index.php on line 682

admin

Proxy scripts are not permitted on our service.

The script most likely uses fsockopen() which has been disabled a few times here.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

spanspace

Hmm..only reason I had it was cause an admin previously said it was ok as long as it was not advertised. I had it password protected and was the only one who use it.

admin

It should work again (because fsockopen() is allowed again)

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

caseytaykc

Dear admin,

Does fsockopen get disabled and enabled often? I am getting a warning message stating that fsockopen is being disabled quite frequently. Im running Joomla by the way and had a statistics (Joomlastat) component active.

Regards

spanspace

It is disabled again and my page is still private use and cannot be accessed by the public.

spanspace

No admins are responding lately. Whats going on with this?

Ben

Sorry for the late response. As always, the contact form or emails is always a faster way to get a response.

Fsocketopen is disabled because of all the abuse it receives. It is now disabled permanantly.
--Ben
Ben@freepgs.com

spanspace

I thought this was a per account basis? With mine being locked to the public it shouldnt be an issue.

Ben

I don't see any setting that can change fsocketopen() per account.

Each settings has to be custom built and put onto the system by admin, so that would have to be something he looks into, however, I doubt it will be anytime soon if at all that this happens.
--Ben
Ben@freepgs.com