News:

The "Support Requests" forum is now viewable by guests.

Main Menu

No new signups

Started by looie, June 07, 2007, 07:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

looie

Ben

As far as I can tell, no payments are being accepted, because almost all of them are frauds and charged back, causing fees.

I may be wrong, but your safest bet it so not pay until you're specifically told you can by the admin.
--Ben
Ben@freepgs.com

looie

Yeah, I got a contact reply email saying we are allowed to still upgrade.

pallus

How long are new sign-ups going to be not allowed for?

looie

They might make it so they need a credit card or something... Idk.

pallus

The reason they had people pay through PayPal is to prevent the use of credit cards.

QuoteDue to constant fraud, we are no longer accepting direct credit card payments. We only accept payments via PayPal and postal mail. PayPal payments must be sent via an instant method (i.e. funded via your credit/debit card or PayPal balance) for the service to be activated immediately.

admin

There is no problem with established accounts upgrading (those type of payments are not likely to be fraudulent if the account itself has existed for more than 2 months).

The problem stems from all of the phishing and scamming that has been going on lately.  Fraudsters will setup accounts with information they obtain from other phishing sites, so the payment cannot be traced back to them.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

looie

How about people can only sign up with an invitation code from another member?

mmn

Quote from: looie on June 14, 2007, 01:36:22 AM
How about people can only sign up with an invitation code from another member?

I agree that this would be a good solution

pdub

All you need is one bad member to invite the idiots and ruin it for everyone. I agree with the admin closing the gates for a while.

mcarp555

I'd rather have it so established members can create additional accounts for themselves if needed.