News:

LVCS.NET offers low cost domain registration services.

Main Menu

Please fix this Forum Banner: Needs link back to freepgs.com

Started by doctoreast, May 02, 2007, 09:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctoreast

Would someone please fix this support forum
banner.  It needs a link back to freepgs.com.
Here's how :)

What I did was change the home button to
read "Forum", and then insert a button called
"Main" right before it.

To do this, go into the file:

forum/themes/default/language/index.english.php,
and change $txt[103] = 'Home" to Read $txt[103] = 'Forum".

To add the new Main Button; go into;
/forum/themes/default/index.template.php

LOOK FOR THIS:

// SHOW THE [HOME] BUTTOM.
echo ($current_action=='home' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'home' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '">' , $txt[103] , '</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'home' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

AND ADD THIS CHUNK JUST ABOVE IT:

// HOW ABOUT THE [MAIN] BUTTON?
echo ($current_action == 'main' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'main' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="../index.php">Main</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'main' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

doctoreast

PS:
  There is also a mod add-on package/tool called UNIVERSAL HEADER/FOOTERS, which
gives you two include strings in admin, to be able to insert your header/footers. 

You guys can have my wholives dot com banner with full instructions if you like,
just email and ask.

Doc

mcarp555

I think Admin knows how to add a button. Anyway, if you change your theme from the default one to 'Freepgs Lite', you'll see the Freepgs menu, which has been there for ages.