News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

upload error

Started by fedekiller, August 03, 2006, 09:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fedekiller

Well i made an image gallery script with php and sql.
I uploaded images from url (and make a small preview and save it in a folder) it worked fine till i reach 39 images, now when i try to upload it appear a blank page after i press upload... ???

neosquared

First and foremost, add this line to your .htaccess file.  If you haven't got one, create one, and add this line:
php_value display_errors 1
Now you should see any php errors that are occurring.  Hopefully this will provide some insight into the problem, and we can work with it from there.
Don't take servers for granted.
Everything is flammable, if you get it hot enough.
Visit my website!  It'll make you cooler!

fedekiller

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, fedekiller@gmail.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

anyways i tried error_reporting('E_ALL');
so i dont think its an error in my code cuz it worked with the 39 images i uploaded before...

neosquared

Quote from: fedekiller on August 03, 2006, 09:38:49 PM
Internal Server Error
That tends to imply it has something to do with the .htaccess file.  That's what I've experienced, at least.  Might want to undo whatever changes you made to the .htaccess file, see if that'll clear it up.
If it only works up until 39 images, that would imply that there is something different with the 40th, or something done differently with the 40th.  I really don't know what in your code might be doing this, since I haven't seen it.
Could it possibly be something wrong with the image you are uploading itself? I ask because 40 is a rather odd number for things to go wrong at.  100 makes more sense because it adds another digit, but 40 does not, which is why I find this so confusing.  If you could provide a sample of any code that is breaking or that you suspect is breaking, it would help a lot.  :)

fedekiller

well i tried uploading different images but i still have that problem, i deleted te .htaccess file because it said internal server error

its not a code error if uploaded the first 39 images...

neosquared

Quote from: fedekiller on August 04, 2006, 10:10:21 AM
its not a code error if uploaded the first 39 images...

Haha.. Well, I've had stranger problems.
Question - have you changed anything since uploading the initial 39?  If so, what?
One other thing, by any chance would you have reached your disk usage limit, thus causing it to fail?

fedekiller

nope it wasnt i fixed it now :D thanks all anyways