News:

The "Support Requests" forum is now viewable by guests.

Main Menu

"mail() has been disabled for security reasons"?

Started by neosquared, July 23, 2006, 04:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neosquared

One of my scripts keeps throwing this error:
Warning: mail() has been disabled for security reasons in /var/www/vhosts/iwwebdesign.com/.. (etc..)
I don't think this is any of my doing, but it'd be nice if I could get it re-enabled.

On an unrelated note, if this is possible and the admin has the time, it would be awesome if we could get browscap.ini installed..  I've brought it up before but nothing really happened, so I thought I'd beat the horse a bit more and see if it's dead.  ;)

Edit:
I see from looking at some older posts that this issue came up recently and was apparently fixed.  Although the last post on that thread was 6 days ago, and I just got the error today, so I guess my report still stands
Don't take servers for granted.
Everything is flammable, if you get it hot enough.
Visit my website!  It'll make you cooler!

admin

The mail() function has been disabled on the Plesk system again.  (This was due to spammers yet again using that system to send mass email to unwilling recipients)

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

neosquared

Ah, okay..  Well is it possible for it to be re-enabled on a user-by-user basis, so that we don't all have to suffer for the transgressions of the few?
Don't take servers for granted.
Everything is flammable, if you get it hot enough.
Visit my website!  It'll make you cooler!

admin

We cannot enable the mail() function for specific users on the Plesk system.

You can move your account to the main FreePgs system to use the mail() function.

We may also enable popen/pclose functions on the Plesk system to allow sending mail (via sendmail directly)

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin