News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

what's wrong with the server?

Started by nightmemo, August 09, 2006, 10:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightmemo

i have a php based forum installed on my account
recently i've occasionally been receiving such messages when trying to access my forum:

QuoteConnect(0) to MySQL (localhost,nightshade) failed

The URL Is:
http://www.gintamass.com/bbs/simple/index.php?f9.html

MySQL Server Error:
Too many connections ( 1040 )

i guess it's not my forum's problem, as today when i try to log into this support forum i got this message several times too:
QuoteConnection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

so what's wrong? and is this fixable in the future? thanks for attention.

Jrrwizard

It seems to be loading for me... but I'm getting a ton of wierd symbols on the page... that could be font-related though

brainiac744

Something must have changed with something, because I constantly get this error:

User '***' has exceeded the 'max_connections_per_hour' resource (current value: 2000)

It could be some jerk cheating on my topsites though... (2000 seems pretty high to run out of connections in the first 10-15 minutes of an hour...)

Bunny

For the Last two days or so one of the sites that I visit that is hosted on this server has had major issues with the server "going down". We love the site and it kinda sucks.

admin

Use the Contact Form (login first) so this can be checked out.  (We will remove the limit on the database once you tell us either the database username or your account username)

Thank you,
FReePgs.com Admin

Quote from: brainiac744 on August 09, 2006, 05:35:17 PM
Something must have changed with something, because I constantly get this error:

User '***' has exceeded the 'max_connections_per_hour' resource (current value: 2000)

It could be some jerk cheating on my topsites though... (2000 seems pretty high to run out of connections in the first 10-15 minutes of an hour...)