FreePgs.com Forum
October 25, 2021, 06:21:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Click Here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month and 4.5 cents per minute

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to moan again...  (Read 4299 times)
alan543
Non-Verified Account

Blog entries (0)

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2006, 04:01:16 PM »

Most of the sites I maintain on plesk have been down for at least the last 13 hours *yet again*

I'd love to get an answer on why this happens... anyone??? I suspect that far too many customers have been taken on at this stage?

I recommended and set up a lot of my clients on freepgs and I look like a bit of a fool now, not just due to the amount of downtime but the fact that I have no answers as to the reasons for the downtime and how long it will last. The thought of migrating all the sites and databases to another host is a bit of a pain... but looks inevitable. More than a full working day without your web site and especially email is just too much. I guess you get what you pay for...
LegendPro
Technical Support

Blog entries (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 05:14:30 PM »

Please provide us with some more information.  For example what time this happened and on what days?  I personally have a few sites on plesk and they have been running just fine.  Please let us know some more detail.  Also what domains?

FreePgs.com Forum
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 05:14:30 PM »

sixthcrusifix
Sage
Verified Account

http://sixthcrusifix.com/home/

Blog entries (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 10:17:09 PM »

I always warn my friends/cosiers that I have reccomended freepgs to this: "Freepgs is GREAT and it's VERY CHEAP. However the reason it is so cheap is because they don't garuntee uptime, they're up at least 97% of the time, but they don't garuntee it".

SO maybe always cover your ass so you never look like a fool.

I don't use plesk, but in the period of about 1 year I have only experienced about 22 hours of downtime TOTAL (that's excluding the fire we had, it's not fair to blame freepgs.com for a freaking fire)

Visite me website at http://www.sixthcrusifix.com
sasurfers
Verified Account

Blog entries (0)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 02:42:56 AM »

My website has also been down for a few hours but oh well....like you said "you get what you pay for" I paid for a server thats not going to be up all the time.
FreePgs.com Forum
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 02:42:56 AM »

x
Verified Account

Blog entries (0)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 04:31:29 AM »

thats the reason i moved back from the plesk server... the downtime. the freepgs server doesn't experience half of the crap that the plesk one does
sasurfers
Verified Account

Blog entries (0)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 07:37:13 AM »

I would like to change but theres just so many databases and files on my plesk it would take days to change over. Sad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: