News:

The "Support Requests" forum is now viewable by guests.

Main Menu

Nameservers

Started by hypnoticvibe, April 22, 2006, 11:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hypnoticvibe

User:    hypnoticvibe
Acct ID:    66629
URL:         http://www.freepgs.com/hypnoticvibe/

NAMESERVERS
I'm confused. When I go to the Setup Domains section, these are the nameservers listed:
NS1.LVCS.NET (64.193.110.133)
NS2.LVCS.NET (64.193.110.134)
NS01.BACKUPDNS.COM (199.242.242.199)

When I look at one of the reinstatement forum, it says to change it to this:
PLSK1.LVCS.NET
PLSK2.LVCS.NET

However, that thread is from Oct., 2005 and I have no clue which ones I should use. Thank you for any help you are able to provide.

Paris

well im using one of the Setup Domains section ones and mines is working fine.

webzone (archived)

If your domain is on Plesk (ie. if you use plesk.lvcs.net:8443 to manage your account), then you need to use plsk1.lvcs.net and plsk2.lvcs.net as your nameservers.

If your domain is on the main server (ie. if you use system.freepgs.com to manage your account and ftp.freepgs.com for FTP access), then you need to use the lvcs.net nameservers.

hypnoticvibe

Thank you for the help. Everything is working okay except I don't know how to set the Email to point to Gmail. Does anyone know how (I'm using GoDaddy)?

webzone (archived)

QuoteI don't know how to set the Email to point to Gmail. Does anyone know how (I'm using GoDaddy)?

If you are using the Plesk nameservers, I believe that you can do it yourself by setting up a catch-all mail forwarder in Plesk.

If you are using the lvcs.net nameservers, you will need to use the contact form to ask the admin to set up the catch-all for you.

If you are using the A records, the changes should be made using the tools provided by GoDaddy.

hypnoticvibe

*edit
It works now!

Thank you.
(lvcs.net - I'll use the contact form)