News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

Plesk5 and Plesk6 End Date

Started by admin, January 04, 2014, 02:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

All accounts must be migrated by 9 Jan 2014 (Thursday) from Plesk5 and Plesk6.  Any accounts not migrated by this date will be lost.

We have been sending notices since the beginning of October.

admin

Remember, this is the LAST DAY for accounts to reside on the Plesk5 and Plesk6 servers!

If you haven't migrated, your data will be lost.  If you have let your account lapse and haven't paid by today (and you are on Plesk5 or Plesk6) we will not be able to reactivate your site.

admin

The date has now passed.

We will be migrating all of the accounts that have not requested migration that are not expired and doing some DNS entries on the resulting server for those not pointed to the default server that haven't actually changed their nameservers at their registrar.

admin

All sites that haven't been migrated and were still active have been migrated over to EAST.

The glued records have been updated so that PLSK3/PLSK4/PLSK6A/PLSK6B now point to the EAST server IPs

Accounts that have expired have not been migrated.  Data will be lost on those accounts once we shut down the machine within the next day or so.

Accounts that were migrated to servers other than EAST that haven't updated their nameservers correctly will not resolve unless we create DNS records for those users on EAST that acts as a secondary to the server they are actually located on.  (This doesn't affect users that have pointed to the correct nameservers.)

admin

The Plesk6 server will be shutting down today.  Any account expired at this time that hasn't requested migration in the past will be lost.

vrteach

Oh rats. All of the messages that you folks had sent since last September about this to my account had been shunted into the spam folder by google mail. So, I missed the whole thing and my site is gone.

Ah well, not your fault.

admin

Please send a message to plesk at lvcs dot net and we can see if the information is still available.  Plesk6 is scheduled to go offline 19 Jan (tomorrow), but all accounts were migrated to EAST if no server was requested (and the account was active).

vrteach

Wow! I'm back up and running! Thank you for the remarkable level of support.

admin

Plesk5 will be shutting down within the next few days.  We are migrating all that didn't request migration to East.
Accounts that are expired will not be migrated.

admin

Plesk5 shut down date is 27 Jan 2014.  If you haven't paid for your account and migrated to East or another server by 26 Jan 2014 (tomorrow), your information will be lost forever.

admin

The server Plesk5 will be disconnected very soon.  No-one has paid for the expired accounts, so those accounts will be lost.

We can recreate the accounts, but we will not have access to the files.

admin

All remaining accounts were brought over in preparation for the Plesk5 server being turned off.

admin

We made a serious mistake by bringing over all of the old accounts from Plesk5.  Once someone paid and reactivated one, the entire server configuration that Plesk uses to build configuration files is completely sideways.

I will work on this when I get time.

admin

All of the recently migrated (expired) accounts have been removed again from East which restored service.  Something happened during the migration that wasn't evident until one of the sites were activated.

We were able to save the paid account, but the others had to be removed (only those that were expired from Plesk5).