News:

LVCS.NET offers low cost domain registration services.

Main Menu

Active Server Lineup

Started by admin, May 03, 2013, 08:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Our active servers

plesk5.lvcs.net - East US, Plesk 10.x, PHP 5.2.x
plesk6.lvcs.net - East US, Plesk 9.x, PHP 5.2.x
plesk7.lvcs.net - West US, Plesk 11.x, PHP 5.3.x
west.lvcs.net - West US, Plesk 11.x, PHP 5.3.x, 64-bit OS ***
west1.lvcs.net - West US (non-Plesk server), DirectAdmin, PHP 5.3.x

The Plesk4.lvcs.net was a West US server running Plesk 8.6 and PHP 5.1.x
The Plesk7 machine is a VPS that will eventually be absorbed into "west".

***All users on servers marked with this default to having chrooted shell access.  This allows SFTP to be used by all users on this machine without having to contact support to make changes to enable this feature.

Plesk4 shut down 13 June 2013, Plesk7 shut down 10 June 2013

admin

Plesk7 and West1 (DirectAdmin) will eventually be shut down due to problems we have been having with the provider those machines are hosted at.  This will not happen until at least next month due to the migrations from Plesk4 that are still being requested.

If you have files on the west1 (DirectAdmin) based server, we can move the files and databases manually.
If you have files on the Plesk7 system, we can use the Plesk migration tools to move the entire account over.

**Also**
The Plesk4 hard drive will only be available for two more weeks.  We have copied the files over to the new hard drive on the Plesk4 server, but each month we keep that machine active costs us ~$160.

admin

This is just a reminder that the Plesk4 hard drive for old files will only be available for another week.

sven

I really should come here more often than twice a year - there's all kinds of exciting news. SFTP on west -- I gotta try that. Then I can finally ditch the clunky old FTP...

The reason I did come here, however, was to draw your attention to this:
http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/06/more-than-360000-apache-websites-imperiled-by-crticial-vulnerability/
which looks as if plesk5/6 might be vulnerable
--
"Everything is futile!"
    -- Marvin of Borg

admin

Quote from: sven on June 06, 2013, 04:48:39 PM
I really should come here more often than twice a year - there's all kinds of exciting news. SFTP on west -- I gotta try that. Then I can finally ditch the clunky old FTP...

The reason I did come here, however, was to draw your attention to this:
http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/06/more-than-360000-apache-websites-imperiled-by-crticial-vulnerability/
which looks as if plesk5/6 might be vulnerable

We will keep an eye out, however, that article has been updated to state that 9.5.4 is not affected.  Plesk5 is running a version of 10.x, and Plesk6 is running 9.5.4

However, there are other reasons why these older machines will need to be updated, so it will happen eventually.

admin

Plesk5/6 are being kept online for users that need PHP 5.2.x

These servers are getting close to their useful end of life and will eventually need to be replaced.

We will keep them online for as long as possible, but within the next 12-24 months, this may no longer be possible due to security patches that will eventually not be released for these Plesk versions.

We have decided to keep the "West1" non-Plesk server online for the time being as well, so that gives users on the west coast (US) another option if desired, however, that machine offers limited performance.

In addition to this, we do have an IIS 6 (Windows 2003) server still running if someone needs to run old "Classic" ASP scripts and windows execs but no control panel exists on that machine.