News:

The "Support Requests" forum is now viewable by guests.

Main Menu

Should the service continue?

Started by admin, December 22, 2010, 10:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Please vote so we know if we should still run this service beyond the next year.

Depending on the number of accounts that do not renew, we will most likely need to eliminate at least one of the servers.  The fees paid do not even cover a single month of hosting these boxes anymore.

namhuy

why not? freepgs is the best hosting service i have ever used, to be honest i used some other paid service, but no one can compare to freepgs. Please stay in service, we will support you  ;D
http://namhuy.net Geeky Open Source Linux Tutorials

h3rb1

I renewed and will continue to do so, but I understand if you need to discontinue due to increased costs.

raymond

this year, i did not receive reminder for me to renew...
freepgs is the best hosting!! plz dont stop services!!
thx!

sven

Yeah - I didn't get a reminder email either. Only noticed right now that my site is gone. Oops.

Money's on the way as soon as I figure out how that worked (doing something once a year means I have to re-learn the process again every time).

Why on earth would I not want this continued? I love this!! I don't exactly make a lot of money of my site, so I don't think I could afford to spend a whole lot of money on hosting...
--
"Everything is futile!"
    -- Marvin of Borg

sven

OK, money is sent (or so says PayPal).  :D

Is there anything else I need to do to get this restarted? Email someone? Spill the blood of a goat under a full moon?

Update: You guys did indeed send me a reminder email, but my spamfilter ate it. Gmail is cool, but apparently not quite that cool.
--
"Everything is futile!"
    -- Marvin of Borg

jfaninord

I will be renewing absolutely. I wanted to upgrade my storage limit as well but I'm a little hesitant to pay more for another GB or two if the service may be discontinued in a year.  :-\

I really wouldn't mind paying more than $3/year if necessary. I'm happy here and would rather pay a higher fee that will allow it to continue than to have to find a new host.

Scorpion Illuminati

I am very happy with the services here and would hate to have to migrate to a new host if the service are showdown. In addition i am paid up for my server for a couple of years and would hate to lose it. Please keep the service active, its the best I've had,

Ooze Orbs
Scorpion Illuminati - A retro rhythm game for the sega genesis!

admin

We will continue to keep at least one server online to allow for those that have paid multiple years to continue receiving service.

Next month, we will start cleaning up expired accounts so we know how we need to proceed.

If a server (such as Plesk4) were to be removed from service, all accounts on that server would be migrated to Plesk5 or Plesk6 (both of which are faster machines running new versions of PHP/MySQL/Apache.)

The Plesk4 server has been kept up to this point to allow faster access for some clients that are closer to that machine (i.e. far east, west coast usa, etc), for the majority of users, the Plesk5/Plesk6 servers will be faster.

markjay

I have already voted since the "Yes, I will or have renewed" option was 4 votes (including my vote). I have been a FreePgs member since 2004 and have never ever found a host that beats what FreePgs has offered. Totally awesome and has a great community of members around the globe. Thumbs Up and Cheers for FreePgs for offering such hosting service!!!

zen

I voted "Yes, and I have renewed"
I have 2 account with freepgs. Eventhough I am awared that freepgs allow users to combine 2 or more accounts into a single one and pay US$3. I have choose to pay for the 2 accounts separately for US$6 a years. This is my apprecation and support for freepgs. If freepgs have to end In the future I will surely miss freepgs. There is no one like freepgs. 

solidsystems

Quote from: zen on January 08, 2011, 08:23:30 AM
I voted "Yes, and I have renewed"
I have 2 account with freepgs. Eventhough I am awared that freepgs allow users to combine 2 or more accounts into a single one and pay US$3. I have choose to pay for the 2 accounts separately for US$6 a years. This is my apprecation and support for freepgs. If freepgs have to end In the future I will surely miss freepgs. There is no one like freepgs. 
Same here. Please don't close.

Speedline Z

crimsonorder

getting validated on these forums is soemwhat tricky, but here I am. I have renewed and and i really like the service. 3$ is definetly far enough for what i'm getting!

Linette97

I've had this service for years! I love it and I would gladly pay $3.00 every year! Just renewed! Thanks for this amazing service!!