News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

Migrations to new Plesk server now being accepted

Started by admin, October 29, 2009, 05:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Migrations to the new Plesk5 server are now being accepted.  The new server is running Plesk 9.2.3.  The Plesk2 server has also been upgraded to 9.2.3.  Our goal is to replace the Plesk2 server with this new machine.

Please use the "Help Desk" link within Plesk to request migration to the new server.  All files and databases should be transferred without incident.  This is currently open to users that login via https://plesk.lvcs.net:8443/ only at this time.

Once your account has been migrated, you will need to update the nameservers for your domain(s) via your domain registrar.  The new nameservers are PLSK7.LVCS.NET and PLSK8.LVCS.NET.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

admin

Just a reminder, all databases should use "localhost" as the hostname.  (If you have your scripts setup to use something else, and your site is migrated, your scripts may no longer function or will run slower.)

admin

The Plesk2 system has been compromised.  If you have not migrated your account by this date, you may no longer have access to your files.

Speedline Z

what does this mean???

i can only access FTP... what can we do if we havent yet been able to migrate?

admin

If you can access your files via FTP, it would be a good idea to make sure you have a local copy.

The system was compromised, the root password was changed, so we do not have access to any of the databases (among other things).

We can manually create the accounts on the new server and you can upload the files.

We are waiting on the provider to see if they can attach a console and reset the root password in single user mode for us.  Either way, we will need to wipe this system as it is hard to tell what "they" are doing with the system.

Speedline Z

Quote from: admin on November 07, 2009, 02:03:55 AM
If you can access your files via FTP, it would be a good idea to make sure you have a local copy.

The system was compromised, the root password was changed, so we do not have access to any of the databases (among other things).

We can manually create the accounts on the new server and you can upload the files.

We are waiting on the provider to see if they can attach a console and reset the root password in single user mode for us.  Either way, we will need to wipe this system as it is hard to tell what "they" are doing with the system.
yeah the FTP server is still up and running...

i keep my files backed up, i save locally and then upload to ftp... so im not worried about file loss....

DB loss will be a pain in my ass, but recoverable.

since i cant open a support request at this point, what do i need to do to migrate?

admin

Just send an email to plesk -at- lvcs -dot- net
Include your username, password, and AccountID (if known, from the FreePgs system) and we will recreate you.  You will then be able to create any domains you need.

If you are using any FreePgs subdomains, please let us know so we can repoint them.

Speedline Z

since i use my own Name servers, i need to point them now to 70.38.38.55 ... correct?

admin

Yes, that is correct.  70.38.38.55 is the hosting IP address.

admin

The good news is that the root password was reset, httpd and mysql services were restarted.

The bad news is that Plesk will not start.

It appears to work enough to migrate users over, so you can continue to request migration using the plesk -at- lvcs -dot- net email address and we will respond accordingly.

If we already manually created an account for you, you can now reconnect to your old databases via http://phpmyadmin.freepgs.com/ or request us to migrate your account over again from the old server.

admin

The Plesk interface has been brought back online for the original Plesk server.

There were some binaries replaced, but most were chown'd to different users/groups.  The other issues were more files that were expected under /var/log.

**You must migrate your account from this server**

admin

The old server was compromised again (as we knew it would be).  Any users that have not migrated by now, may not be able to access any of their information.  We sent 3 notifications regarding this and provided more than enough time.

admin

To request migration, please email plesk (at) lvcs (dot) net.
We will migrate your data from the old server.  Keep in mind the data has been altered (the index files have been replaced with the hacked message), but at least all of your other files will be intact.

Migration will only be available until the end of the month.  We will be taking the server offline after this time.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

Speedline Z

i failed to switch over an IP on one of my DNSes and noticed the hacked server message... well my blackberry does... my local ISP has the new IP cached

Oh well... its fixed for me

i was doing some research and noticed that the same hacker attacked godaddy /securepaynet.net Microsoft servers in 2006...

that sucks they were able to get in to a linux box... these things should just stay in MS's world