News:

LVCS.NET offers low cost domain registration services.

Main Menu

Plesk - I dont get it

Started by spanspace, January 12, 2008, 04:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spanspace

I was migrated over and i have no clue how to work that system at all. I have no idea how to point my domains to the new system. I have no clue how to transfer all my old files from freepgs over and I have no clue how to ftp in.

Dans34

spanspace

I figured it out. Just took alto of tiem to learn all the ins and outs.

Seamus

Quote from: spanspace on January 12, 2008, 04:44:22 PM
I was migrated over and i have no clue how to work that system at all. I have no idea how to point my domains to the new system. I have no clue how to transfer all my old files from freepgs over and I have no clue how to ftp in.

Hell yeah, me too. :) I am totally lost at the moment.

I've already got a domain name with Godaddy (www.southerncrosscruiserclub.com) that points to the soon to the extinct freepgs web space but it seems to be a requirement in Plesk to set up a domain... so I did, which is sccc.com but this is not a real domain. I don't know what it is actually - a kind of virtual domain maybe for administrative purposes?

Anyway, I set up a web user inside sccc.com called "seamus", but I'm still just poking around on the control panel in my ignorant fashion.

All I need is a place to host a website that allows FTP and PHP for the site's Guestbook.

Confused at the moment. Will take a look at that link in a previous post. :/

admin

You must setup real domains in Plesk.  Adding fake domains will only cause you problems.

You can add the "username.freepgs.com.com" or "username.plesk.freepgs.com" type of domains on that page.  If you have a real domain, add that domain to the page.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

Doraemon

Think of it this way, first you add your free domain (username.freepgs.com or username.plesk.freepgs.com) and then you can attach domains to it by adding a "Domain Alias". That's what I ended up doing because I uploaded all my stuff to the free domain already and I didn't feel like removing it and uploading it again... I thought this method best resembles the process that we used in FreePGs, correct me if I'm wrong or if it's inefficient.

m490

It will also works in this way:
I firstly added mydomain.com on plesk control panel, and then added user.plesk.freepgs.com  as "Domain Alias".

admin

You do not have to remove your domain to update it.  Simply use the "Help Desk" link to request the domain to be changed.  (The file path will change, but all files will still be intact)

The domain itself can also be changed via the "Domain Administrator" button in most cases, but for best results, please use the "Help Desk" and enter a ticket for us to take care of it for you.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin