News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

Migrated to plesk

Started by markjay, January 03, 2008, 03:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

Quote from: markjay on January 04, 2008, 03:56:32 AM
Do the plesk server has sendmail function?
How to setup two ftp accounts under your freepgs url?
The Plesk server does not have the mail function enabled by default. You can request it through the Help Desk in Plesk.
As to answer your second question,
Quote from: Plesk Knowledge Base link=http://kb.swsoft.com/en/776
Is there a way to have multiple FTP logins per domain?

RESOLUTION
Current Plesk version supports only one FTP user per domain. Also, web users are able to access their home directories via FTP and anonymous FTP access can be configured.

Multiple FTP users support will be added in Plesk 9. This time you can add additional FTP users only manually as described in the 415 article.
So, there is no support with it yet. I don't know if the admin will edit in a second FTP account manually, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
--Ben
Ben@freepgs.com

markjay

I think there is a problem with plesk regarding in creating webuser. When creating webuser it already makes a page directing to #site-removed#, but sadly to say there is no index page existing for the #site-removed# images.

Ben

Quote from: markjay on January 04, 2008, 05:29:09 AM
I think there is a problem with plesk regarding in creating webuser. When creating webuser it already makes a page directing to http://zo0m.biz, but sadly to say there is no index page existing for the http://zo0m.biz's images.
A webuser account is created and files uploaded to that account are located in a yourdomain.com/~user, according to the Plesk manual. Are you using that directory to try and access files?
--Ben
Ben@freepgs.com

markjay

Yes, I am using it. But having that kind of page is bad.
I'll PM it to you so you could you check it out.

Ben

Quote from: markjay on January 04, 2008, 10:41:04 PM
Yes, I am using it. But having that kind of page is bad.
I'll PM it to you so you could you check it out.
I don't have admin rights on the Plesk server to look into this for you, so I've forwarded your request to the admin, including the link. Hopefully, he can solve your problem.
--Ben
Ben@freepgs.com

admin

These files are located in the /web_users/ folder within your account.

I have renamed the index.html file to index2.html so this page will not display.

I tested adding a webuser to another account, and no files were there (an empty directory was created).

If other users are seeing the same page, please let me know.  (I was unable to reproduce this.  The offending html files were found inside the users directory)

A quick grep of the file system only shows one instance of this on the system.  (That instance is in your account).

[root@plesk3 vhosts]# grep -l "zo0m.biz" ./*/web_users/*/*
./breakdance.freepgs.com/web_users/sundel/index2.html
[root@plesk3 vhosts]#

These files appear to be uploaded into your account.  (Be sure to check the source files if you did upload these to your account.  There are quite a few files in this directory.)

These files should also appear when logging in with the Username/Password setup with the webuser.  (They will not appear under your main account unless you have access to the web_users folder mentioned above)

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

mumtazg38

If I want to increase my disk space allowance in the future on plesk....how much will it cost and how would I go about doing it? :-\

Ben

Quote from: mumtazg38 on January 06, 2008, 02:11:22 AM
If I want to increase my disk space allowance in the future on plesk....how much will it cost and how would I go about doing it? :-\
As far as I know, you cannot purchase account upgrades from this point on. Sorry.
--Ben
Ben@freepgs.com