News:

LVCS.NET offers low cost domain registration services.

Main Menu

Question about Site Shutting down

Started by Lady Ambrosia, December 28, 2007, 03:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ambrosia

I've a question about the site shutting down.

Okay, it states that we can migrate over to the Plesk server for no charge, my question is once we migrate over will it cost us anything after that?

I own two sites with you guys, and I'd hate to have to leave completely as I can't afford fees like some places want to charge.

Thanks so much for your help.

Julian

Hello,

There will be no monthly fees when migrating your account to the Plesk system.

Best Wishes,
- Julian
FreePgs.com

markjay

What will happen after 31 March 2008 to the FreePgs and the Plesk system?
Will the Plesk be like the FreePgs?
What will happen to our forum?

Julian

The FreePgs system will be shutdown after March 31, 2008. The Plesk server however will remain since that is where users will be migrated too.

The functionality of the Plesk system will be similar to the FreePgs system with the exception of a few things.

We will most likely move the current forum to the new system.

Regards,
- Julian
FreePgs.com

Lady Ambrosia

Thank You so much for your help, now I have another small question.  I was wondering also, when we are able to migrate over to the Plesk server, will the migration be easy enough, are we going to be able to FTP our sites over, and will we be able to transfer our databases over as well?

I'm sorry, I'm just thinking of over 2 years of work, that I don't want to lose from my SQL databases.

Thanks *HUGS*

Julian

Sites can be moved over to the Plesk server for no charge. If your account is already on the Plesk server, your site will not be affected. (Your site is on the Plesk server if you currently login via https://plesk.lvcs.net:8443/)

Data must be moved manually.1
No data will be available after 31 March 2008.

There will be no monthly fees when migrating your account to the Plesk system.

Migrations will not be accepted until 2 January 2008 via a special form.

Accounts will be given the same amount of disk space on the Plesk system as they currently have on the FreePgs system.

1 - Yes, you will be able to FTP/upload your files and MySQL DB to the Plesk server.

Best Regards,
- Julian
FreePgs.com

Lady Ambrosia

Thank You SOO much *HUGS*  Sorry to be bugging ya...you've answered everything I needed to know ;)

Dooga

Sorry for this mini-bump, but I guess if I had a question and posted it somewhere else it would be a waste of time :P

I was wondering, in the future if we decide to upgrade to larger diskspace or bandwidth packages (1 time payment), will we be offered that option? Will we still have the ability to register new sites for 3$ as a one time purchase, or will this just be reserved for the remaining freepgs users?

And also, could I have a rough estimate of how long our sites, after transfered, will sustain? If possible that is, if you don't want to reveal information like that it's fine with me.

Thanks for the help!

Julian

Unfortunately, I am uncertain if the one time payment option for upgrades will be available. But 300MB-2GB of space (depending on your account) should be ample space for websites.

New registrations will most likely be monthly payments to deter those users who wish to abuse the system as well as bring in revenue to maintain the server.

I cannot give a certain time frame of how long sites will be sustainable, but we will continue to provide service for as long as possible.

Best Regards,
- Julian
FreePgs.com

chrispy

Quote from: Julian on December 29, 2007, 09:31:19 AM
Unfortunately, I am uncertain if the one time payment option for upgrades will be available.

Would it make sense to upgrade disk space on the old system before transferring across to the Plesk system then?

Julian

markjay

I like to ask about the databases of localhost and mysql5.freepgs.com, what will happen to both of these database servers?
Do we have access to these db servers after the freepgs site has shutdown?
What will happen to the options access to these db servers?

Julian

Users need to move their MySQL databases unless they are on the MySQL5 server, but they may want to export these databases eventually to Plesk. 

Once it is imported to Plesk, you will have regular access to your database.

Dooga

I was wondering, will we be able to change our usernames in the future, or should we do that now while we can? Or should we not do it at all?

Thanks

Julian

It will be best to change your username prior to migrating over to Plesk.

- Julian
FreePgs.com