News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

Ruby on Rails

Started by josh, March 10, 2006, 02:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josh

Hi,
Do you have any plans to support Ruby on Rails?

Thanks

admin

Ruby on Rails is supported (with Gold and higher plans)

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

TheEsotericCleric

Hi,

I upgraded my plan today to take advantage of this, but I don't see the option to use it on my control panel.  Am I doing something wrong?

Dans34

i think you have to contact the admin to allow him to enable it on your account

brainiac744

Well, Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006

Are you sure it's still supported at all?

TheEsotericCleric

If not I'll be pretty ticked.   >:(

I upgraded just for it because I saw a post from an admin saying that's how to go about it.

brainiac744

Well, hopefully they still have it. It definitely isn't listed on the plans page though: http://system.freepgs.com/plans.php

TheEsotericCleric

Well, apparently it isn't supported any longer, but I think the support staff must have seen this (or the email I sent them asking what I should do) because I'm back to a Silver account and have 4$ in my paypal account (amount I paid to go from Silver -> Gold).  Thanks for the rapid response FreePgs, even if it's not the result I would have hoped for (actually getting RoR), it's the most honest alternative.

Ben

Yes, Ruby was disable a long time ago. If I remember correctly, this was due to there not being many ways to limit the usage of these languages, and they allowed exploits on the server.

Edit: Here's something from the site news a long time ago...
ID:  443
Posted By:  Ben
Date Posted:   2006-03-29 10:11:57
System:  Site

Title: Perl, Ruby, And Python

Perl, Ruby, and Python have been disabled globally.

This is due to the increased number of fraudulent files appearing in some users accounts and the inability to restrict access with these languages.

Users who need Perl or Python can be moved to the Plesk server. Users needing Ruby will have to purchase an account through LVCS.Net
--Ben
Ben@freepgs.com