News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

FreePgs outages are back

Started by bookish, July 08, 2007, 08:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLG

As the person who regularly and offensively attacks Freepgs for their often poor service.

I feel we must give the admins broad discretion here, since hardware failures are out of their control.

I have no doubt that the admins are doing everything they can until the drive arrives to ensure site stability and integrity and that we will soon be back to the poor performance that we use to have ::)

admin

The "Create New Database" link in the Options panel will now create a database on the localhost MySQL server.  If you have a backup of your database, you can import your database and be up and running right away.

If you do not have a backup of your database, your files should remain intact in most cases.  (As long as you have not dropped the tables in your database, or attempted to perform multiple repairs on the files)

Of course, any user that requests, can now be added to the Plesk server.  The Plesk server offers better performance, but uses an older MySQL version.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

dragonqueen

SO, if our databases are still intact, when should we stop getting the "Could not connect to database" errors?

admin

Please send a request via the Contact Form including the database name, and we will see what data exists.

You will not be able to connect to the MySQL5 database server until the drive is replaced.  The drive should be replaced by Friday [as long as we receive the replacement part].

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

dragonqueen

Quote from: admin on July 19, 2007, 02:16:59 AM
Please send a request via the Contact Form including the database name, and we will see what data exists.

You will not be able to connect to the MySQL5 database server until the drive is replaced.  The drive should be replaced by Friday [as long as we receive the replacement part].

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

Thanks for answering all my questions so politely. I know I'm nagging a bit. I'm just very nervous about losing my forum.

OLG

Does the Plesk Server cost extra, or are you migrating extraneous users over to the server to reduce load? :S

admin

There is no cost to use the Plesk server.

Anyone can migrate over to the Plesk server.

Also, the remaining MySQL5 database server hard disk has failed.  Some files can still be read.  When the first replacement arrives, we will attempt to build a working copy of all data on the disk.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

looie

bookish

When I reported connection problems early in July it turned out to be a prelude to a Denial of Service attack. Around 23:00 GMT last night the same thing happened again. There were serious connection problems affecting my site, FTP this forum. Sometimes the pages would start to load and then timeout. At other times I got a "Could not connect to remote server" error message. My site doesn't use a database. Just now, it took a long time for the forum to load.