News:

The "Support Requests" forum is now viewable by guests.

Main Menu

Mail Boxes

Started by Osprey, October 15, 2005, 01:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osprey

Is it possible to setup mailboxes with the new system, and if so, how? I setup one for my domain, webmaster@mydomain.com .. but i can't seem to actually send mail from it.. or access some kind of control panel for that address?

TomMystery

The Mailboxes work, you just cannot access them off plesk.  However if you create a mailbox, (it takes about 24hours) you can either access it by redirection or through pop3.

POP3:
Incoming: mail.yourdomain.com
Outgoing: smtpout.secureserver.net

Note: Use the username and password of that particular mailbox instead of your actual login.

TomMystery

After further testing this feature I concluded that you can either redirect your email or use pop3.  However your account will not be registered with the relay server and you cannot use the smtpout.secureserver.net server.  You have to use your ISP's smtp (outgoing) server.

Osprey

Thanks for your help over MSN Tom, much appreciated.

Admin - Is it possible to view mail through my internet browser?

admin

Yes, if the mail account is created within Plesk, you can view it via Horde

(Horde should be available at webmail.<yourdomain.com>)

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

dragonkeeper1973

The mail boxes and mail is just tempory with the temp server, .... right?  ??? If this is the case, and we have set up mail hop/redirect services with our registar, ??? how do we intergrate the two for that time?  ??? Or did I waste my money? :-\ ???

Osprey

Thanks Admin, Also, do i have to activate something for this to work? I've created my email account, i think Tom said it takes 24 hours to setup?

Andy.

admin

We have always offered mail services with domains upon request.

You can continue to use your registrar's email services if you wish.  You cannot use both ours and theirs for the same domain.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

Osprey

Using the FAQ on lvcs.net, i used mail.vizaco.co.uk as the server to retrieve from, but outlook fails to retrieve from this address, and wemail.vizaco.co.uk doesn't appear to exist?  ???

admin

For this to work, your domain must be pointed to our nameservers.

You must also create your mail accounts on our server.

For incoming mail, you can use mail.<yourdomain.com>
For outgoing mail, you can use mail.<yourdomain.com> UNLESS your ISP requires you to use theirs

Do not use the "secureserver.net" entry listed in one of the other posts.  That will not allow you to send mail.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

Osprey

Thanks for the quick reply admin, currently i have it pointed at the DNS -

I can't point it at both, can i?

If not i'll change it. Is there actually a difference between using Nameservers and DNS, is either slightly quicker or? ;)

admin

You will need to use one or the other.

There is no difference in the speed of your site either way.  (DNS resolution time can vary from service to service, but only by a few milliseconds)

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

Osprey

Thanks again. I did use the help page on the plesk control panel but it didn't cover much of this, now that i've updated the nameservers to the 2 you mentioned earlier, my registrar says it should be updated in around 24-48 hours - Anything else i'll need to do now or just wait? - Will wemail.vizaco.co.uk sort itself out, and the emails etc. ?  ;)

admin

The address is webmail.<yourdomain.com> to access the webmail service.  Not "wemail"

This should work once your domain is resolving from our nameservers.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

Osprey

Sorry, my mistake, i meant webmail anyhoo. Thanks again.