News:

The "Support Requests" forum is now viewable by guests.

Main Menu

mail() disabled yet again?

Started by neosquared, August 20, 2006, 08:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neosquared

The php function mail() had been previously disabled for security reasons - this was explained as being because of spammers.
Recently it seemed to be available again, and my scripts could send emails again.
It seems, however, that mail() has been disabled yet again for the same reason.
Is this going to continue happening for forever?  Because quite simply, I have a lot of important things that depend on being able to send emails - without these scripts/sites/etc. being functional, my account here is all but worthless to me.
I have had a lot of good experiences with freepgs, but if this keeps on happening, I'm gonna have to go elsewhere..  It just isn't possible for me to keep anything running with this happening constantly, and there isn't any viable alternative for me to use aside from mail().
If this is just a (very) short-term, soon-to-be-corrected issue, that's fine.  But if this is going to keep happening with this regularity, please tell me.  I cannot afford to sit by and wait for this to stop happening when I have no indication of any end in sight.
Don't take servers for granted.
Everything is flammable, if you get it hot enough.
Visit my website!  It'll make you cooler!

admin

Only the mail function on the Plesk system is disabled.

You can move your account to the main FreePgs server to avoid this behavior.

We are limited to a specific number of messages that can be sent per day via the Plesk server.  When this limit is reached, messages are just queued up until the next day.  (Messages are thus delayed by days or weeks when a large number of messages are queued as only x of them are sent per day)

Another user had their script hijacked and spammers sent thousands of messages within a few minute period.  Because users cannot properly make their contact forms and/or have installed many third party mail scripts that they are not using, we had to disable the mail function once again.  We may enable the mail function within a few days if the second user's script is secured or removed.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

admin

The mail() function on the Plesk server has been enabled again.

However, if spamming occurs again, it will be disabled.

This only affects the Plesk server.  The mail() function was not disabled on the FreePgs server.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

n9ne

Quote from: admin on August 21, 2006, 01:50:57 AM
The mail() function on the Plesk server has been enabled again.

However, if spamming occurs again, it will be disabled.

This only affects the Plesk server.  The mail() function was not disabled on the FreePgs server.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

Has the mail() function been disabled on plesk again? Cause i cant seem to send out emails via my website like i used to be able to!

admin

Please send a message using the Contact Form with the following information:

Domain Name
Plesk Username

And we will be sure mail is enabled for your Plesk account.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin