News:

LVCS.NET offers low cost domain registration services.

Main Menu

CSS

Started by Evilsprouts, April 21, 2006, 05:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixthcrusifix

Quote from: hypnoticvibe on June 10, 2006, 03:53:16 AM
Quote from: sixthcrusifixCSS, there are only three table related tags and it's hard to get wrong.
3 tables tags? Who taught you that?
<table>
<caption>
<thead>
<tbody>
<tfoot>
<td>
<tr>
<th>
<col>
<colgroup>
"W3c is great guide but it's not the Bible."
That is a what a friend currently hired as a webdesigner told me. I do agree with their (w3c) point of course but they have made mistakes in the past and history repeats itself.
And wait, do you mean to tell me that because someone invented the world wide web they are more intelligent than every other human being on Earth?
And most importantly, my "bad argument" (which contains valid points) was about 5% of my concerns.
I never said that's every reason that exists. I simply named a few.
Honestly, this debate is a bit ridiculous. Let's look at the most qualified/successful software companies, famous websites, browser creators, OS creators, and computer manufacturers:
There's a very good reason why they all use CSS and not just tables.

1. Oh I didn't know there were that many.

2. "W3c is great guide but it's not the Bible."

Actually, the director of the W3C is the person who CREATED the World Wide Web and HTML Markup so, in all technical-ness it IS actually the bible. However I find that I rarely agree with the bible anyway.
Visite me website at http://www.sixthcrusifix.com

hypnoticvibe

Quote from: sixthcrusifixActually, the director of the W3C is the person who CREATED the World Wide Web and HTML Markup so, in all technical-ness it IS actually the bible. However I find that I rarely agree with the bible anyway.
On the frequency of technicality, HTML is based off of SGML. SGML was invented by Charles Goldfarb in 1974. The internet is simply a wide area network. Tim Berners-Lee (w3c's director) did not invent SGML or the first computer network.
So technically the analogy would not place Tim as God, thus w3c's guide would not be the Bible.
...but the point was symbolic, not literal. The point was that w3c' literature is not perfect and just because they claim something doesn't mean it has to be the wisest option.

sixthcrusifix

Quote from: hypnoticvibe on June 11, 2006, 05:30:15 AM
Quote from: sixthcrusifixActually, the director of the W3C is the person who CREATED the World Wide Web and HTML Markup so, in all technical-ness it IS actually the bible. However I find that I rarely agree with the bible anyway.
On the frequency of technicality, HTML is based off of SGML. SGML was invented by Charles Goldfarb in 1974. The internet is simply a wide area network. Tim Berners-Lee (w3c's director) did not invent SGML or the first computer network.
So technically the analogy would not place Tim as God, thus w3c's guide would not be the Bible.
...but the point was symbolic, not literal. The point was that w3c' literature is not perfect and just because they claim something doesn't mean it has to be the wisest option.

OH well still, he did create the WWW which is like the world and HTML is like the massiah So he's still God but Charles Goldfarb is Jesus and W3c is the old testiment.

in your previous post you acted like I disagreed with you. I DON'T; however, I just did not think you gave convincing examples of why tables are bad.
Visite me website at http://www.sixthcrusifix.com

hypnoticvibe

Quote from: sixthcrusifix on June 11, 2006, 10:58:58 PM
OH well still, he did create the WWW which is like the world and HTML is like the massiah So he's still God but Charles Goldfarb is Jesus and W3c is the old testiment.
Wait a minute, did you just incorporate Jesus into our w3c debate?  :P
I'm not going to pick that apart and post points because it will get way off-topic and wind up as apostles being XHTML tags, Moses being PHP, and Satan being frames. I'll just say I agree to disagree.
Oh, I didn't think you were against CSS either.