News:

The "Support Requests" forum is now viewable by guests.

Main Menu

CSS

Started by Evilsprouts, April 21, 2006, 05:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geminigeek

ttry this in ur css

#bottom p.footer {
font-size: 10px;
}

and make sure it is at the bottom most of your css

Evilsprouts

Quote from: geminigeek on May 05, 2006, 05:30:48 PM
ttry this in ur css

#bottom p.footer {
}

Fantastic thanks allot  ;D ;D ;D

hypnoticvibe

Quote from: Evilsprouts on May 05, 2006, 05:37:04 PM
ttry this in ur css

#bottom p.footer {
}

I'm sorry, what was the point of specifying a font family in the first place if that's all you wanted? You also asked about the size of the table.
The CSS that you used in the first place works - Test this out:

<style type="text/css">
.test {font: normal 10px Verdana, sans-serif;}
</style>
<div class="test">
testing font out
</div>

This means that your font was not the size you wanted it because of the way it was being called (which is why I asked you to post the HTML).
I'm not trying to nitpick but please, help me to help you. Post only the code relevant to your question (HTML and CSS) and don't throw an entire stylesheet at the viewer. You can't expect them to look at your entire source either. I really really don't want to come off being rude and I sincerely intend no offense. These are all things I have done on other forums in the past myself.

Again, I hope I didn't come off rude. Here's what someone said to me when I did that:
QuoteBefore even looking what was wrong with the page, I wanted to reply, saying: "Open the file in your favorite text editor, press CTRL+A, press backspace and then press CTRL+S." But I won't say that.

As for the problem...
LOL

Btw, nice website.  ;D Quite funny.

PS... DO NOT specify the font-size in pt. I assumed you had all the ID calls set up properly (and didn't know what document type you had either) and was just playing guess-and-check.

Evilsprouts

Ok thanks, the reason I posted the whole style sheet is because I didn't know if the font wasn't working properly because it mite have been conflicting with something else in the file.

But thanks you were all a great help!!!

Evilsprouts

Please could you help me with something else??? If you see the footer with the copyright and stuff at the bottom of this page www.evilsprouts.co.uk/update well it's positioned using this:

#bottom{
position: absolute;
height: 50px;
width: 770px;
left: 90px;
top: 625px;}

But if the content in the page goes past 625px it over laps the footer rather than the footer moving with the content how could I fix this please?

hypnoticvibe

Wouldn't you just move them both the same distance downward? You can't position just one table and both tables move. Correct me if I misunderstood your inquiry.

As far as layering goes, you can add one of these to an ID/class...
z-index: 1;
z-index: 2;
z-index: 3;
and it keeps going up. The higher the number, the closer the layer is to you (in other words, the layer with the highest number will be on top).

Evilsprouts

Basically when the content area of the page has lots of stuff in it it over laps the footer but what I want is for the footer to always be at the very bottom of all the content. I'm sorry I'm not all that good at explaining things.

hypnoticvibe

Well, if the table stretches taller, it's not going to push the footer down automatically. You can make the main content scrollable by adding:
overflow:auto;
and that will solve your problem (although many people would argue that having a scrollbar is evil)
I think that's your best bet if you don't want to keep repositioning the individual tables through CSS every time you make a change to the content.

Evilsprouts

Ahh cool thanks.

Another problem lol sorry, I'm using the <hr> tag to separate things on the pages and I'm styling this with my css

hr{
width: 570px;
color: #FFFFFF;
background-color: #FFFFFF;}

www.evilsprouts.co.uk/update

I understand that IE uses the color attribute and FF uses background-color how ever the lines are set at their default colour in FF but they are white as they are supposed to be in IE, any ideas please?

dest

FF might not allow coloring the hr, for some reason.

Try making a single pixel image, and stretching it.  Use that as an hr.
Or make a div, and color it.
meh :P

hypnoticvibe

I could be wrong but I think the answer is:
HERE
Sorry, I generally don't send people a link to a tutorial but to be honest, I never heard of the HR element until you posted that. It made me wonder what the HR element was and I did a search. I just thought I'd share the result.

Evilsprouts

I also came across this tutorial but it doesn't work :(

Evilsprouts

Quote from: hypnoticvibe on May 07, 2006, 07:25:26 AM
Well, if the table stretches taller, it's not going to push the footer down automatically. You can make the main content scrollable by adding:
overflow:auto;
and that will solve your problem (although many people would argue that having a scrollbar is evil)
I think that's your best bet if you don't want to keep repositioning the individual tables through CSS every time you make a change to the content.
I figured it out height: resize; with a bit of tweaking to the arrangement of the divs.

sixthcrusifix

Quote from: Evilsprouts on May 05, 2006, 05:37:04 PM
ttry this in ur css

#bottom p.footer {
}

A LOT, 2 words, one L. Sorry but that's a pet peve of mine.

Why should you never use pt?  I never do but what is the reason not to?
Visite me website at http://www.sixthcrusifix.com

brainiac744

Quote from: sixthcrusifix on May 09, 2006, 04:30:32 AM
Why should you never use pt?  I never do but what is the reason not to?

I can't think of a reason not to. PT just stands for points and it's a perfectly valid option to use, just like px, in, cm, mm, or a number of other acceptable units :)