News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

Plesk Services down??

Started by alan543, April 02, 2006, 11:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan543

Hi, any idea when the plesk hosted sites will be back online???

thanks

Osprey

I'd also like to know, it says "All PLESK services are down" on the home page, but theres no info about why, for how long, anything?

admin

The provider shut the server down due to content and/or resource usage.  The Plesk server was originally setup as a temporary measure.  This was setup on a virtual dedicated server account and not on a true dedicated server.

As soon as the new server is provisioned (should be done sometime today), we will migrate the sites over to it.  Once this occurs, this forum will be updated with the new IP addresses.  If you are pointing to our nameservers, no changes will be necessary.

If you are using the Plesk system and are not using Perl or mail accounts, you can request to have your domain moved back to the FreePgs system to avoid these kind of problems.

Unfortunately, we may not be able to allow the use of Proxy scripts on the new server.  Those scripts hog cpu cycles and is most likely the reason for the disconnect.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

opmail

Is there any news on when Plesk will be restored???

admin

We are still waiting for the new server to be provisioned.

Once the new server is provisioned and the old server is reactivated, accounts will be migrated.  Hopefully this will be setup by this evening.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

Osprey

Are we going to lose all our data all over again?

niekverw

and what about the mail adresses? I cant receive mail now .. thats the worst :(

alan543

It looks like it! I have 6 seperate accounts as well...  :'(

Osprey

If theres any change of keeping my MYSQL databases please let me know. Thats the most important part for me.

opmail

Hi there,

Are there any updates, as Plesk Server now appears but I do not seem to have been migrated yet...  :(
www.5tudio.co.uk

Thanks in advance

opmail

I have just read this  >:(:
http://system.freepgs.com/smf/index.php?topic=1011.0

I this true...??? This will be the second time I will have lost all my data and it feels as if I have had a real battle just to get a working service... Can you please advise us somehow of those accounts that can be resurected...

I have backed up my databases but cannot import them to my other server due to their use of naming converntion for the Username. THis is incredibley frustrating. I know this is a very cheap hosting service but to have a webhost that loses all their customer data twice in a relatively short period of time just seems wrong...

Please tell me that we can get some of this info back...!?!?!?

Ben

We don't actually own the PLesk server, it's a virtual dedicated server.

Last I heard, admin was trying to back up all the data before it was removed. As much as possible will be saved.
--Ben
Ben@freepgs.com

admin

Opmail,
Your account should be updated within the next 15 minutes.

Your 1.5GB of data just finished copying to the new server and is now being extracted.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

opmail

Osprey