News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

Emergency!

Started by BBScience, March 14, 2006, 05:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBScience

I was just editing a file on my server (http://www2.bbscience.org/cgi-bin/nph-proxy.cgi) and I went to check on it. I found that it displayed a blank page, so I got rid of the changes (just adding an iframe) and I saved. Same problem. Its hosted on plesk if that helps. Is there a different perl route than #!/usr/bin/perl that I need to use for it?

admin

The path to perl was fine, you just had those same spaces back again.

use strict ;
use Socket ;

Were changed to:

use strict;
use Socket;

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

BBScience

Im still having the same problem. I tried to update it with the iframe, taking the code from before and modifying that and saving it with the changes. It produced the same white page. I have made sure the spaces werent there, and they arent from what plesk showed me.

admin

Be sure to download the file from your site BEFORE making changes.

For some reason, whatever you are using to make the changes to the file is adding characters to the end of some lines, causing the script to fail.

Please only use notepad.exe, crimson editor,  or another text-only application to update files.  Do not trust the Plesk file management utilities to modify scripts properly.  Also, do not attempt to modify these files in applications such as DreamWeaver unless you only use the code/html editor directly.  (Do not go into WYSIWYG mode as this will rearrange everything to its liking)

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

BBScience

I did it in notepad, however I think the plesk editor might be adding the spaces. When I made the changes I did it directly from the plesk editor (I scrolled down to where I needed to put it and added it), hit save and blank :(

What is the FTP address for the plesk servers? This'd probably be a safer alternative to having you fix it each time :P

admin

The FTP address is "plesk.lvcs.net" for the Plesk server.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin