News:

LVCS.NET offers low cost domain registration services.

Main Menu

::HELP::-->I cant see my site...and i know i havnt disabled it!!!<--::HELP::

Started by Paris, January 21, 2006, 07:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paris

Ive tried the address for my site:
http://kyoki-designs.co.nr

and it says "server not found"

When i try the "NS1.LVCS.NET" thing:

it says "unable to connect"

and the same for the"NS2.LVCS.NET" and "NS01.BACKUPDNS.COM" things

Im  not sure why my site isnt showing, all ive done to it is changed the index.php page and added a site coming back soon sign instead of the layout.And I know it was working after that cause i checked it for two days after. Then it stopped working.

Btw, i can still get into my account on freepgs and also edit my pages and all of that stuff.

please can someone tell me how to fix this problem soon.

Osprey

:::!!!!!---->>>:::::   Do you have an Index file?  :::!!!!----<<<<:::

It's showing a 404 so i suppose thats the problem? If you're not using an Index file in your site 'anymore' then you will need to create an index file which redirects.

Paris

I am using an index file and its called index.php and it does have content in it.

Well now i changed it to index.html thinking that might have caused it....although i highly doubt it...and it still isnt working so im going back to index.php.

What else could it be?

Osprey

Do you have the Domain added to your account? And have you added it as Nameserver or DNS? And are you using DNS or Nameservers?

webzone (archived)

You cannot access ns1.lvcs.net, ns2.lvcs.net and ns01.backupdns.com in your browser. These are exclusively DNS (Domain Name System) servers.

By the way, **don't** try to add your .co.nr domain to your account using the FreePgs Control Panel's "Add a domain" feature. To my knowledge, co.nr domains created in the last years cannot be pointed to a nameserver at all. Your .co.nr domain is using some kind of frame-based redirection instead.

Now about your problem, I just checked in the member directory and there is no user named "kyoki", which is the account you pointed your domain to. This is weird because you say you can edit files.

Paris

thats because i changed my name to my real name instead....and i dont see how that has anything to do with it cause kyoki-designs.co.nr is from co.nr url redirection. But
i could be wrong *shrugs*.

Other than that it always used to work but i think its something that started happening around the beginning of the month.

How can i redirect my url to the co.nr then???

BTW, im trying to create a new redirection as im making a new site(giving my old site a COMPLETE makeover) and im just wondering if someone could please tell me where to point it and stuff to make it work. Im pretty much clueless on this subject so the more help the better.

webzone (archived)

Quotethats because i changed my name to my real name instead....and i dont see how that has anything to do with it cause kyoki-designs.co.nr is from co.nr url redirection.

as your domain cannot be directly pointed to your account, .co.nr display your website in a frame. it uses the "www.freepgs.com/username" address to do the work. when you changed your username, that address changed, but you did not update the information on the .co.nr website.

log in to your account on freedomain.co.nr and change your website information to match your new freepgs.com URL (www.freepgs.com/the-new-username-you-chose)

GP™

You "CAN NOT" and "SHOULD NOT" point to our name servers using the .co.nr services..
.co.nr is using a type of system called "Cloaking", they simply place your site in a frame, or redirect you to the site...

If you require a shorter domain address without paying for a "Real" .com/.net ect I personally recomend: http://www.changeip.com

They have a large list of sub-domains to chose from, plus they allow you to edit the DNS so you can then point your domain directly to our nameservers!

If you need any further help regarding this issue please us the contact forum located here: http://system.freepgs.com/contact.php

Regards,
Gordon

Paris

oh....what bad will the "cloaking, "framing" do though?(no really...i would actually like to know the dangers and damage for future reference) I really would like to keep the co.nr services because they are my absolute favorite free short domain name service and changeip doesnt really provide the same thing as the co.nr services...isnt there any way i can please keep my account with them and keep having my site "framed" or "cloaked"?

webzone (archived)

Quoteoh....what bad will the "cloaking, "framing" do though?

most free domain services  work the same way. they allow visitors to access your site at something.co.nr, but instead of returning your content, they return some JavaScript code to bounce the users to your website or they return a frameset.

domains that are "cloaked" or "framed" are not real domains at all. services like .co.nr only tell your browser to display your www.freepgs.com/username address while leaving the .co.nr address in your address bar. in fact, they only act as an alias for your www.freepgs.com URL.

QuoteI really would like to keep the co.nr services because they are my absolute favorite free short domain name service and changeip doesnt really provide the same thing as the co.nr services...isnt there any way i can please keep my account with them and keep having my site "framed" or "cloaked"?

You can keep using .co.nr. Nobody here said that you couldn't. We only said that you should never try to add it using the "add a domain" function of the FreePgs control panel, as .co.nr are not real domains.

To use the .co.nr services properly, however, you will need to make sure that they know where to redirect your visitors. When you changed your username, your www.freepgs.com address has changed also, but you didn't inform .co.nr about the change. As I told you a few posts ago, you *need* to log in to freedomain.co.nr and make the changes to your website information.

Paris

oh okay, thank you so much for helping me....im going to keep the co.nr services for now, but im going to try to find a really nice domain name service(paid)and I would really appreciate it if you guys could refer me to some really nice ones for my site.

Thank you!! ;D

x

i recently bought a domain from ipower (http://www.ipower.com/domain.html) (as possibly mentioned by a freepgs user here) for $3/year. it was quite simple to change the nameservers to freepgs.

if you are looking for something to link in better with freepgs, you should try the sister site at www.lvcs.net for less than $9 per year. the interface is most likely much easier to use than ipower (it's a little confusing and not very user friendly, but what do you expect for that price).

support is no doubt better when using lvcs when linking to freepgs as it's the same thing almost.

and no, i'm not paid by either :)

webzone (archived)

I personally use yi.org. It is free, but the domain that will be provided can only end with .yi.org.

It is quite easy to point any of these domains to FreePgs and I have never seen their service go down.

Paris

i think ill go with the lvcs idea...it sounds pretty simple and i like the whole user-friendlyness and the fact that its alot easier to use with freepgs....thank you guys! :)