Started by computerman, January 06, 2006, 06:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

computerman

My 2 site don't work:

www.freepgs.com/computerman/
www.freepgs.com/forumidi/

computerman

x

i did notice that the whole freepgs server was offline for at least a few minutes yesterday. maybe same thing happened today

brainiac744

I've noticed the same thing happen for about the past 3 or 4 days, but it only went down for 5 or 10 minutes max, so I wasn't too concerned about it.

x

if anyone is trying to find the cause of this stuff. the same thing is happening right now.

GP™

Its just a system reboot from what I understand.
Also the way we have designed our services the services should never be down for more than 25 mins,
we have something inplace to reboot the server in the event such a downtime should happen

computerman

In this moment...sites down :(

computerman

x

do we know the reasons for these reboots yet?

webzone (archived)

If I well remember, the servers are automatically rebooted following a defined schedule so that if a process (databases, FTP, HTTP) crashes or freezes, it will get fixed by the reboot.

The HTTP server also needs to restart to apply any changes in the Account Settings and new domains (probably only a graceful HTTPd restart, but still it is visible for a fraction of a second).

admin

The reboots the other day were for kernel updates.

Please keep in mind the httpd needs to be restarted for any account change (including scripting).  Graceful restarts are not supported because we use piped logs (for the realtime bandwidth monitor) [A bug in apache causes these processes to hang upon graceful restarts]

If the sites are staying down more than 15-20 seconds, there is a problem with the configuration file or it is being interrupted when running.  There could also be times when all http connection slots are being used.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin