News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

can't restore backup

Started by Airaelda, January 07, 2006, 07:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airaelda

Hi ! It is me again, sorry to disturb
I am trying to restore backup for my phpBB forum using phpMyAdmin.
I always get this message :

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in /home/admin/system.freepgs.com/pma/libraries/read_dump.lib.php on line 91

Do I do something wrong ? Or is there a problem with the backup file ?  ???

MaestroC

How big is your backup file?  If it is a huge file and is compressed, it could be taking longer than 300 seconds for the server to decompress the archive and then create the files in the database.  When this happened to me once I had to upload the archived database backup into a folder in my account and then ask the system operators to do the restore for me.

-MaestroC

Airaelda

the backup file is 4.82 Mo, and 394 Ko when compressed. Is that to large ?

sixthcrusifix

Quote from: Airaelda on January 07, 2006, 07:52:49 PM
the backup file is 4.82 Mo, and 394 Ko when compressed. Is that to large ?

What is Mo and Ko? I've never heard of that before, are you from a different country than USA/Canada/Britain?

Visite me website at http://www.sixthcrusifix.com

Airaelda

oops ! sorry
I am from Belgium (Europe, north of France). What term should I use for file size then ?

(by the way : English is not the first language in Belgium, so sorry if I make mistakes or if I use strange expressions !  ::))

brainiac744

We typically use mb, kb, gb, things like that

Those are, respectively: megabytes, kilobytes, gigabytes.

sixthcrusifix

Quote from: Airaelda on January 07, 2006, 09:34:21 PM
oops ! sorry
I am from Belgium (Europe, north of France). What term should I use for file size then ?

(by the way : English is not the first language in Belgium, so sorry if I make mistakes or if I use strange expressions !  ::))

oh no problem i understand.

Parlez vous Français?

I was in French for 4 years, we learned a lot about Belgium, just not the computer lingo :P

4 Mo sounds like 4 MB which is really big to try and upload in 300 seconds (depending on teh computer I guess).
Visite me website at http://www.sixthcrusifix.com

Airaelda

It is only the abreviations that are different then, we also use megabytes and kilobytes
Mo=MB and Ko=KB

et oui, je parle français :)

So if 4Mb is to large, what should I do to retore my backup ? Does anyone know ? 

brainiac744

Try using the contact form on the main site to contact the admin. You might want to go ahead and upload the file and just give him the link to the location, he can probably import your data from that.

Airaelda

I uploaded the file and send a request. I hope this is going to work !

Airaelda

Ok, the admin did everything fine, but the backup just doesn't apply...
Now, what is the problem ?  :-\

brainiac744

What do you mean by it "doesn't apply". Do you mean that even though the database is filled with the data it does not show up in the forum? If so you should check to be sure the database username and password are correct in the config file. In case you're viewing a cached version of the page you might also want to clear your temporary internet files and refresh.

admin

There were two requests received from two different users regarding this.

One of these requests were not imported because data already existed in the database.  We sent a reply to this effect.

If you were this user, you must DROP the tables in your database and resubmit the request.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

Airaelda

hi, and sorry about my late response !

the mail I received from you told me that the database was imported.
and what I mean by 'does not apply' is that nothing has change within my forum. Nothing is back ! I checked the username and the password in the config file, and they are correct...

Is there anything else I could do ?  :-[
(Thank you anyway for your help ;) )

admin

Be sure you are using the correct database username, password, db name, and prefix entires within your script.

Be sure you have a backup which contains data/posts.

If you received a message that said your database file was imported, this means the file was actually imported.  It is possible that this file does not contain the data you expect it to or that you are not pointing to the proper database, table prefix, username, or password.

Please provide more specific information of what type of problem you are having with your forum.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin