News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

PHPBB forum, login problems?

Started by sxiz, November 16, 2005, 05:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sxiz

hello,

it seems like i've came acrross a few compatible probs or just minor isntall mistakes?
i've enabled my php and added a MySQL database (not first time installin a forum).
So i upload all the nessasairy files to my ftp (after it gotten empty somehow?)
And i start the installer.. after i've finished i log in, goes ok and i cans et up my forum perfectly.

However now i got problems loggin into my admin panel sometimes it says it cannot find my host or wahtsoever.
Or when i login it sticks at a blank login.php screen and doesnt get forwarded...

Any tips? or known bugs / problems as phpBB on pgs server? if so, any good forum to replace it, doesnt have to be anything fancy.

http://www.freepgs.com/sxiz/forum & http://www.freepgs.com/sxiz/sr

both got the same prob...

Ben

All files were destroyed in a fire, that's why your directory was empty.

Double check if you've uploaded the admin folder. You might have missed uploading it or something.
--Ben
Ben@freepgs.com

sxiz

admin folder is fully uploaded and didnt require chmodding. Its not a permission error. its just that it says host is unreachable but rest of the site basicly works.. so nothing is wrong just with the forum..

else im just gonna try out other board seei fthat gives the same error.

admin

Be sure you have everything configured properly.  If it says host not found, it sounds as if something is not set correctly.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com Admin

sxiz

Thanks for your help guys. But i've come to think it's a prob in phpbb it seem with my style or sometihng. since ive loaded that up it crashedo r sumfin.. heh oh well maybe reinstall will help it..

Since ive installed SMF( the one you guys run ) and it works perfectly..

sorry to hear you had a bad fire which made loss to the servers. Thank god you guys are back up.

thanks,