News:

The "Support Requests" forum is now viewable by guests.

Main Menu

Question about Plesk Databases

Started by Lady Ambrosia, January 05, 2008, 12:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ambrosia

Sorry to be a bother, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I've exported my database from freepgs to Plesk, it imported pretty well, and I had no issues with the tables, as they are all there.  But when I try to access the database through one of my site pages, it won't let me (for instance, it won't let me log into my forum with my username or password) :(  I set up the config file for the script to read "localhost" instead of the other mysql for the freepgs database.

Is it not localhost for Plesk?  and if it isn't what is it?  I really don't want 2 months of work down the drain :(

Thanks in advance for any help!

Lady Ambrosia

Nevermind, I figured it out....it was my mistake, as I didn't change over somethings in the database tables themselves.  Figured it out when Plesk was up.

cozmik

Help please!

I've switched over to plesk and am trying to set up a database (mysql). I've created the database and the user with password, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to access the database. I've looked thru the documents on Help and didn't find anything.

From Home, I select my domain and then Database, database_name, user_name but that takes me to page where I can change the password. I click DB WebAdmin and all it seems to do is refresh the screen.

Sorry if I'm being dense, but how do I access it?

Ben

Make sure all your popup blockers are disabled, or that plesk.lvcs.net is added to the allow list.

DB webadmins will open in a popup.
--Ben
Ben@freepgs.com

cozmik

Perfect!! thankyou thankyou thankyou

You da man!  :-*

cdhs

another database set up question:
I have managed to create a database, but not a user name!

On checking the plesk help files:

Creating or Importing a Database
To create a new database on your hosting account:

On your Home page, click the domain name you need.
Click Databases.
Click Add New Database.
Enter a name for the database.
We recommend that you choose a name that starts with a Latin alphabet symbol and comprises only alphanumeric and underscore symbols (up to 64 symbols).

Select the database type that you are going to use: MySQL or PostgreSQL. Click OK.
To set up database administrator's credentials, click Add New Database User.
Type a user name and a password that will be used for accessing the contents of the database.
Click OK.

I cannot find the "Add New Database User" where is this located, I have looked everywhere?

Julian

Step 1: In the database page, click the name of the database you wish you add a DB user.

Step2: Click the "Add New Database User" icon

- Julian
FreePgs.com

cdhs

Julian
Thank you for your help. Sorry to sound stupid, but I still cannot find the database page?
my plesk pages:

mcarp555

Shouldn't you click on the domain name at the bottom of the second screen "cdhs.freepgs.com"?

cdhs

Quote from: mcarp555 on January 11, 2008, 02:52:24 PM
Shouldn't you click on the domain name at the bottom of the second screen "cdhs.freepgs.com"?

thank you I have now found the database page
:)