News:

LVCS.NET offers low cost domain registration services.

Main Menu

Free Accounts Going Away . . .

Started by sixthcrusifix, November 09, 2006, 05:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixthcrusifix

I'm not posting this because I have a free account and I'm worried, in fact I have the highest available plan(Extreme I think). But what I'm worried about is why the free accounts are going and what it might progress too. I'm just concerned that it'll start with the free accounts and then eventually we'll be having to pay monthly or yearly or freepgs.com might have to shut down or something.

I'm just wondering how we're doing, we're good right?
Visite me website at http://www.sixthcrusifix.com

GP™

Where deleting "Free" accounts due to most abuse is occurring from the free accounts.
A spammer is not going to pay for a account, hes going to get a free account, so if he has to pay, he will find another free host.

Right now, we do not plan to charge monthly/yearly.
However, it has been discussed in the past, at this time, we do not believe its in the best intrest of our users to implament a charge.

I personally feel it would help us "Money" wise, but I also understand, being poor my self, most users can't afford any type of bill..

Regards,
Gordon

sixthcrusifix

Quote from: gordon on November 09, 2006, 08:07:36 PM
Where deleting "Free" accounts due to most abuse is occurring from the free accounts.
A spammer is not going to pay for a account, hes going to get a free account, so if he has to pay, he will find another free host.

Right now, we do not plan to charge monthly/yearly.
However, it has been discussed in the past, at this time, we do not believe its in the best intrest of our users to implament a charge.

I personally feel it would help us "Money" wise, but I also understand, being poor my self, most users can't afford any type of bill..

Regards,
Gordon

Well. I think the worst case scenario should be Yearly billing (And probbably around $10, about as much as a domain name).

LVCS.net's cheapest plan ($3 a month) is way better than our best plan. So charging monthly would just be silly, you'd have to charge like $.50 or something. I wouldn't mind having to pay up to $15 a year but I think the beauty of freepgs.com is its affordability.
Visite me website at http://www.sixthcrusifix.com

bonehead

I agree, I would pay $10 - $15 a year. Freepgs has been good to me, so I would not mind returning the favor.

mcarp555

You guys can donate as much as you want here. The rest of us are happy enough with things the way they are.

bonehead

You know you want to flood freepgs with cash  ;D