News:

LVCS.NET offers low cost domain registration services.

Main Menu

php mail

Started by acidbath, February 22, 2007, 10:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acidbath

php mail was turned off on my account.
i have recieved no warning or notice of this

i inquired through the support form and was told:
Quote from: [email]ben@freepgs.com[/email]You have lost your mail privleges for sending unsolicited emails to random AOL addresses. They will not be re-enabled.

Thank you,
FreePgs.com "Ben"

there are several problems with this.

1. Any and all mail I send out is for users who HAVE signed up to recieve my newsletter.
all email addresses are sent a verification, so they DO know what they are signing up for......
there is a removal link on each and every message, it is as easy as one click to turn on and one click to turn off

spam is defined as :
Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpamSpam (electronic), unsolicited or undesired bulk electronic messages.
SO THIS IS HARDLY SPAM!!!

2. i never received notice that it was turned off
3. i have lost several days work because of this problem
4. the accusation of such a thing is preposterous
5. the intricate workings of my site require that i use php mail because this is how i receive user submissions

So I again ask that I be granted all privileges that i paid for and an apology wouldn't hurt either, I hate to think this is the way business is run here!!!

Ben

The only thing I know in this case was that your account is marked as mail function disabled for spam, and not to re-enable mail.

If this is just a newsletter, then I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I don't know why you weren't notified. However, the note on your account was put on by admin, and unless I hear otherwise from him, I cannot re-enable mail.

Once again, I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

--Ben
--Ben
Ben@freepgs.com

Wizzard308

Ummm I have a site that will be using email newsletters as well, is this going to become a sort of problem?
Last thing I want is to get mail locked for an email newsletter.

acidbath

ya it has been 2 days now.
I hope I can get this issue resolved soon, this has caused me to lose about a weeks submissions.

bonehead

Even newsletters are being seen as spam now a days. The best thing to do is just not have them or find a host that doesn't care.

acidbath

newsletters are not spam.

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpamSpam (electronic), unsolicited or undesired bulk electronic messages.

users are knowingly and willingly signing up for this and there is a link to remove yourself from the mail list in every message as well as an option in the users CP.
This is the furthest from spam, it is plain and legitimate mail.

I understand the need to remove spammers from this service but when your normal users are having problems you should reconsider what and how you do this.

bonehead

A user has to only report you for spam and in most cases your account gets closed. It does not matter if they went through 20 pages of ok I want your newsletter.

Either someone reported you or to many emails where coming from your account.

acidbath

the fact is that newsletters are not spam and my account was falsely denied phpmail

is this issue ever going to be resolved by the admin?????

brainiac744

Have you sent in a contact form request? It is MUCH MORE likely to be answered by admin than a forum post, so you might try that.

acidbath

I had and Ben answered. I don't know if I should send more requests. I would hope that Ben had forwarded my inquiry to the admin.

brainiac744

That's very odd, because usually admin logs on at least once a day. You might try sending another one and specifically stating that you'd like admin to respond to it (or inquiring as to EXACTLY why a "don't reenable" note has been placed on your account)

acidbath

I will wait for permission from a support personnel and if they think I should send another inquiry then I will.

E

I have a problem with PHP mail affecting 3 different accounts, none of which send spam.  In fact one of them, my blog, only ever sends emails to me, at my own domain, so cannot have been reported for spamming.  I've just sent in a message to support to try and found out what the problem is.

brainiac744

mail() has to be enabled on a per-account basis, as it is disabled by default. If it was disabled because of spam they SHOULD have notified you.

GP™

The last I heard over 5,000 spam messages where sent from the server.
I know the que got shutdown for awhile while we flushed them out!