News:

Click here for Toll-Free Service for your business starting at $2.00 per month

Main Menu

PHP mail() problems

Started by opmail, March 20, 2006, 12:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opmail

Hi there...

I have a Plesk account and I seem to be having some problems with using PHP mail()...  :(

I have tested this using the below:

<?php

$to  "fred@tosomewhere.com";
$from  "admin@somewhereelse.com";
$subject  "test email";
$body  "test body";

$headers  "From:" $from "\r\n"
mail($to$subject$body$headers);

echo("finished");

?>

substituting emails with valid addresses however I am not receiving them... Is their anything wrong with the Plesk server???

Ben

The Mail function has been disabled on the Plesk server for now because of a mail bombing. It -should- be re-enabled in a day or two.
--Ben
Ben@freepgs.com

opmail

Thanks for the respond... Can you please advise if mails pending will be sent? Or does php not work that way...
I use a php script to allow users to login to my site... The email is sent automatically.

Hope you can help...  :)

c

Email is not working for me either, I am not using Plesk.

webzone (archived)

Quote from: cEmail is not working for me either, I am not using Plesk.

Please provide more information. mail() is working fine for me.

c

I'm using Perl. It was working some time ago.

webzone (archived)

It looks like the path to sendmail recently changed. This might be your problem (though I don't know, I never used Perl).

Try to use /usr/sbin/sendm2 to send e-mails.

c

Obviously this was the problem. Are there going to be more changes and where can we read about them?

Ben

This change was to stop spamming from the server, and admin never said it publically.

Either way, if theres much more problem with spamming, you won't have to worry at all because mail() will be a disabled function, like on the plesk server.
--Ben
Ben@freepgs.com

dest

So there's no way to control mail() on a per-user basis? Like enable it after a few months of being a member?
meh :P

GP™

No, Not at this time, its a server wide setting.

webzone (archived)

QuoteEither way, if theres much more problem with spamming, you won't have to worry at all because mail() will be a disabled function, like on the plesk server.

That would be sad. Some people like me rely on this function.

c

Probably the old members can get the name of the new path each time it is changed by subscribing to a mailing list?

webzone (archived)

QuoteProbably the old members can get the name of the new path each time it is changed by subscribing to a mailing list?

Would work for Perl users, but not for PHP users. In PHP, the sendmail path is hard-coded in the serverwide configuration file (php.ini).

opmail

Hi there again... I notice that php mail() has been disabled again... And it seems permenantly this time... :(
I am a php novice and am relying on a script purchased to create a kind of online store.

How can I be informed of when a visitor selects something?

Can someone please assist me here as I seem to be missing a whole heap of emails... :((